Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well, I got the lift on the Bronco. Looks nice, actually funny with the 31's on it still. Will be swapping to a 9" w/ 5.13's and a spool. The problem I am currently having is the Emergency brake. It quit working. The lines aren't kinked or anything and if I push it down towards the floor it goes about 1/2 way and stops and you can get out and push the Bronco with ease. Suggestions??

Joel

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You do know that if you put a 9" in a 95 Bronco you will have to put the VSS in it if you have a E40D tranny or it will run like crap? It sounds like your parking brake is hanging on something....I would check all the lines on the cables to make sure its not hanging up somewhere...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
JFordBronco said:
Ok, well, I got the lift on the Bronco. Looks nice, actually funny with the 31's on it still. Will be swapping to a 9" w/ 5.13's and a spool. The problem I am currently having is the Emergency brake. It quit working. The lines aren't kinked or anything and if I push it down towards the floor it goes about 1/2 way and stops and you can get out and push the Bronco with ease. Suggestions??

Joel
Um, what size tires do you plan on running with 5.13's... and if you're going with a tire that big, why bother with messing with the 8.8. It's just as strong as a 9" and you're just screwing yourself with your VSS which is required for your transmission.

AAAND... if you plan on running huge tires... you better get started playing with a front axle before you worry about the rear...

Does anybody ever bother looking at the Lift, Gear, and Tire threads?????

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, what size tires do you plan on running with 5.13's... and if you're going with a tire that big, why bother with messing with the 8.8. It's just as strong as a 9" and you're just screwing yourself with your VSS which is required for your transmission.

AAAND... if you plan on running huge tires... you better get started playing with a front axle before you worry about the rear...

Does anybody ever bother looking at the Lift, Gear, and Tire threads?????

Tires....37 Irok Bias Ply with a little bit of trimming if needed.

8.8....second one, keep bending the housing(where tube enters diff)

VSS....no E40D, C6 : ) Junked the 5spd and put the C6 in, working on something for that. For what we do around here and the mild trails and little bit of mud, everything will hold up. If not, I have two 79 F-150's in the backyard for a SAS.

Lift, Gear, Tire threads....yep, looked already. If you remember I was asking about the E-Brake though

Lift....6" Superlift(partial pro-mo through the local 4x4 shop), Superunner steering kit, extended brake lines, steering stabilizer.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Tires....37 Irok Bias Ply with a little bit of trimming if needed.

8.8....second one, keep bending the housing(where tube enters diff)

VSS....no E40D, C6 : ) Junked the 5spd and put the C6 in, working on something for that. For what we do around here and the mild trails and little bit of mud, everything will hold up. If not, I have two 79 F-150's in the backyard for a SAS.

Lift, Gear, Tire threads....yep, looked already. If you remember I was asking about the E-Brake though

Lift....6" Superlift(partial pro-mo through the local 4x4 shop), Superunner steering kit, extended brake lines, steering stabilizer.
Ok, well that makes a big difference then, as you can probably understand, a lot of people come in here asking this kind of stuff, and just have no idea that you can't just slap parts on and it will be perfect... the original intention was to save you some trouble later on :thumbup

So anyways... I still stand by what I said, 9" just isn't worth it. If you're gonna do it, slap a d60 on there...

As for the emergency brake, how do the drums look? If you jack up a tire, can you turn them freely... as there should be just a touch of resistance... if the adjusters are waay out of whack, then the ebrake wouldn't do anything. I'd also disconnect the cables from the drums, and have someone put a little bit of resistance on em, and push down the pedal and see where it's hanging up.

edit: Hey, does that local shop wanna do a little advertising? I'll slap their stickers everywhere if they hook me up with a lift! :toothless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.