Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a a search found one reference here in the no flame zone but no other info. I am sure that one side is sticking. The pedal releases fine and returns to fully release but the drivers side will not disengage completed. After a quick 3 mile drive to the store and back the rear wheel is very hot and I can smell brakes burning slightly. So I don't think its the cable per say but maybe it is. The truck does sit a lot between uses.

So any advise on how to free it up? I picked up some Kroil creeping oil for the cable but I really think it might be something in the wheel itself... thanks in advance for your help...
:rockon

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You have 2 vehicles in your profile & sig, but you didn't specify which one you're asking about. :twak

First: look under the driver's door at the equalizer. Is the sticking rear cable hanging slack? Can you push it back into the sheath & release the brake? If the brake doesn't release, PULL THE CABLE FORWARD before driving.
Second: pull the drum off & inspect the tiny autoadjuster cable. If it's slack, remove & rebuild/replace the autoadjuster. If it's tight, examine the entire assembly for rust, wear, & proper operation. For more info, start with this pic, and keep reading the NEXT several:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/895328
Sorry about the omission... it was early in the AM. I am working on the 90 Bronco today. Thanks for the steps and the link Steve83.. now I have something to read with my coffee... :toothless

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
seeing you are from rust belt, cable probably rusty and sticky inside

probably needs a new cable
or maybe adjusted too tight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts