Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals work but, my Emergency flasher are giving me a problem. They will flash real quick as they allways have when you put them on, but after a few seconds they slow down and quit flashing. Turn signals work fine.

I can not find my Haynes manual to look at a wiring diagram for the 92'-96', and was wondering if there are two seperate flasher relays on the 92' 96' bko's.

If the same relay is used for both, should I look at the steering column switch?

Will be doing the swap from the 1157 to 2057 to hopefully slow down the flashing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my '85 , the turn signal relay is on the front of the fuse box, and the emergency flasher relay is on the back. Cant say for sure if the 92'-95' were the same though.

·
Super Moderator
25,822 Posts
yo;

The use of the wrong bulb can cause the flasher to flash too fast or too slow
Try another flasher if following test shows it to be bad...

Flash-to-Pass, Hazard, Multifunction Switch (MFS), Turn, Dimmer High & Low Headlight & Brake Light Testing & Wiring Diagram in 92-96;

Miesk5 NOTE the MFS testing is done with connectors disconnected; it's strictly an internal test of the MFS; & Brake Light & Turn, High & Low Headlight Dimmer, Flash-to-Pass & Hazard CKTs are a Feed-Through Circuit in Multifunction Switch (MFS)
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck)

Multifunction Switch Wiring Diagram in 92-96 Bronco & F 150; for lighting only, turn signals, head lights, hazards, etc.
Source: by seijirou at SuperMotors.net

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, the 92'-96' have two flasher relays. The one for the haz flash is on the back of the fuze panel under steering column. I replaced and all is well for now.

Miesk5, thx for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts