Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tube that ties in right by the Cat. on my 93 w/5.8L has a nice crack in it. I guess I could weld it up, but it seems like a tough spot to get to. Anyone recommend a JB Weld Type substance to fill it and seal it???

·
my bko ate my money
2,326 Posts
NO ive used jb weld several times on mine and found out it just melts right off even after its fully cured, ive tried jb weld and jb kwik and neither work nor does anything that says exhuast repair on it, my prob is that the tube keeps blowing off the nipple, i suggest just removing it from the truck and welding it in your case since its just a crack in the tube.....i hate that stupid tube id remove it if it wasnt a daily driver....in that i mean i never have to pass emissions but would still like the fuel milage, i dont see how it adds to the mpg but thats what people are tellin me...IMHO all that shit needs to come off

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
:rolleyes: Literally, five minutes at an exhaust shop, $10-20, and it's good for another 50-odd thousand miles.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
:rolleyes: Literally, five minutes at an exhaust shop, $10-20, and it's good for another 50-odd thousand miles.
not actually true.

its gonna depend on where the crack is and if the welder can actually get into the space and fix it. I had the same problem with mine. Take it over and see if its actually accessible by a welder first.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dude, here is a link for a replacement tube. The wholesale price from a local distributor is pretty reasonable, around $20. It's called the #53 ford air tube. It is supposed to replace OEM #E6TZ-5F235-B. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that part number.) Like he said, the dope will crack and you'll be SOL.--Buzz

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the tube is cracked right where it is welded in(right downstream of the cat.) So if I would buy a new tube, it would still have to be welded in a rusty pipe next to a rusty cat. And believe it or not, for '93, all the emission stuff works and no CEL!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.