Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a little wire coming off the top that is severed. Looks like it's been like that for awhile though 'cause the exposed wire is full of dirt. Anyone know where it goes to?

Also this little yellow wire is severed at the red 'X' just past that plastic tubing. I also don't know where it plugged in to. (This is not a pic of my engine) Anyone?

One more thing, if any of you guys could post pics of your engine bays that would help me out alot. I am putting my motor back in on Saturday so this would make it a little easier if I could see where everything goes. My Bronco is a '91 with the 351w so anything around there would be good. Thanks in advance!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That yellow wire is a vacuum line and that first wire is for something to do with your emissions. That hose is connected to/from your air pump. Don't you have a manual?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you still have the vacuum diagram sticker on your core support?
Both are vacuum lines. The first is a diaphram that controls air from the pump into your exhaust system. The 2nd is an electrically controlled solenoid that controls when vacuum is diverted/supplied under different circumstances.
If you still have the sticker by the radiator, and a little patience, it's easy to trace it all out. You may need a manual to verify wich solenoid is wich, by the wire color on the plugs.
BTW, all the colored lines get brittle and crack, it's best to buy 25 feet of regular hose and replace it all at once.

·
Registered
777 Posts
That component in the first pic is your AIR bypass valve. vacuum line should go to your TAB solenoid.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That component in the first pic is your AIR bypass valve. vacuum line should go to your TAB solenoid.
A vacuum line was my first thought, but then I figured since he had it off and was able to actually see it that he would know better then me.

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My emissions label was lost long ago....lol Thanks for the pic, Fireguy.

And thanks everyone else for helping identify those parts for me. This will make it easier come Saturday. :beer

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's possible. :toothless Most likely Sunday though. I'm going to take my time so I don't f*** anything up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts