Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this answer is in the threads somewhere but I have not found it. I am installing the axle pivot bushings and I am not understanding the instructions. The attached shows in 4.3133 part 3119. Does part 3119 go under the metal flange on the front or does it go on the back after I press the rest of the parts in? Thanks for any insight on this. If I had to guess I would think it goes on the back after the rest is pressed in. Man the grease they supply with these things is super sticky.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I tried to use these, could never get them in. Went picked up some Moogs, had them in in 5 minutes. Used regular axle grease.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get them in. I just need to know the sequence of parts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just installed these a few weeks ago. It goes on the back after the rest is in. There is a lip on the metal support cup that it pops over. The grease they supply is great and terrible at the same time. Its very sticky and easily makes a mess but it's very effective. Does not wash off with water, oil or even brake clean. It is resilient stuff.

Reactions: cobrajoe

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,044 Posts
I'm running Uni-Balls and I like them a lot. In all my years of playing with these rigs, I have never tried them. Very curious to how they hold up; we all know the stock rubber ones suck.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That's what I thought. Really appreciate the response.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I should have done. I'll keep u posted on durability.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,668 Posts
The grease they supply is great and terrible at the same time. Its very sticky and easily makes a mess but it's very effective. Does not wash off with water, oil or even brake clean. It is resilient stuff.
Thats because its not grease. Its silicone lubricant. Solvents are the best option of clean-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts