Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building my 351w for my 91 BKO. And a 347 stroker for my 70 stang

i heard long ago about a guy that likes to countersink the oil holes in the valley. They are drilled flush from FORD...the countersinking makes a kind of funnel. Helping oil flow out of the valley and back to the pan...what do you all think...drill them or no?????

the four holes in the valley...this is a 302 i snagged off google. i guess it would help oil flow alot...whadda you think/?

dc

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,355 Posts
Sounds like a good idea...could you make a whole nother valley? Like coonect all the holes with a valley, then countersink the holes? Thatd be awesome.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
you mean like a ditch connecting the oil hole?? wouldn't make since to do it. nothing else smooth the valley so the oil don't cling to the side, that way oil moves faster and cools the block better

But yea you can contersink the holes but it is perfer to do it before taking it to the machine shop. that way they will remove most of the metal shaving when hot tanking. then when you get the block back wipe it all down and clean all of the threads on the blocks.
we do it all the time with the chevy blocks i don't see why not.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I don't think it'll make any kind of noticeable difference in oil draining back down(definitley won't hurt though) but buy tapering the holes you remove some of the stress in the metal and it's less likely to crack near the edges of the holes. Never heard of the blocks being prone to cracking there but that's just another reason to chamfer holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts