Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a second opinion, I bought a short block that was balanced, BUT the flywheel did not come with it. (he had already installed it in another car) I have completed the engine, but, as I went install the flywheel it occured to me that I did not have the one it was balanced with. This engine will put out around 365-375 HP. My question is: Should I just use the stock one that came with my truck or should I tear down the entire engine and get it all balanced again? I'm afraid I know the answer but, I'm hoping that because I'm not turning high hp I could get away with using the stock one. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
170 Posts
As long as when it was balanced there was no weight taken out of the flywheel or added to it. Its a safe bet there wasn't or he would have had trouble using it on a different motor afterwards.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking along the same lines.. Thanks for the input!

Any others?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
1st, contact the builder and ask if it was ballanced internally or externally? Thats the biggest isue here IMO. If its externaly then its PROBLEY safe a stock flywheel will work seeing that it was used on another build. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
1st, contact the builder and ask if it was ballanced internally or externally? Thats the biggest isue here IMO. If its externaly then its PROBLEY safe a stock flywheel will work seeing that it was used on another build. Good luck.
:stupid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts