Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine appears to have some angle to it, and the air cleaner post is about an inch towards the passenger side of center. is this normal, or might I have something screwed up somewhere, and it should be dead center?

The engine mounts look good, as does the trans mount. gonna check it out tomorrow some when I can get someone sitting in the truck and shifting it with me on the ground under it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So... did you have a question?

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,672 Posts
I don't know about later Fords, but they did offset them to the passenger side in the 70's. An inch or two maybe

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Not centered is normal, sitting lower on one side is not and points to a broken motor mount. Does the engine torque to the driver side when you goose the throttle?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not centered is normal, sitting lower on one side is not and points to a broken motor mount. Does the engine torque to the driver side when you goose the throttle?
a little yes, it sits level, just offset slightly to the passenger side, sounds like that is normal then? I may try and get a picture later and post that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
is this normal, or might I have something screwed up somewhere, and it should be dead center?

from my post...
Sorry 'bout that, I couldn't see the post for some reason!

According to the Ford factory body builder book, the engine is not directly on the vehicle centerline.

Reactions: Jimmy Dean

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,385 Posts
Agree that what you are seeing is fine.
This gives the tcase and front driveshaft more room. Also the steering shaft and such as well (though I know they made right hand drive models too so maybe not really needed)

·
Registered
196 Posts

This is from my 1983 F-Series factory body layout book, and it lists the exact same number in the 1987 book, so I'm going to bet that the engine centerline is consistently 1.77 inches to the passenger side of the vehicle centerline for pretty much all 80-96.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts