Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 ford bronco 5.0 302
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to diagnose my 92 bronco.
I recently put a new 5.0 engine and new exhaust system but I'm getting slight throttle hesitation. The engine will want to die the sputter to life after slamming the throttle but if you go into the throttle slow it's fine.

I checked the fuel pressure with koeo an it read 10 psi I turned it over and it help constantly at 39. Turning the engine off I wait a few mins then I turn the key back on and it shoots to 39. Is it supposed to be at 10 psi when the key is on or 39. Would this signify a bad fuel pump or no?

Also I unplugged the tps and it seemed to run better but when I pulgged it back in when the engine was running it killed it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
so, it is running lean. check injectors. could be a tuning issue. is it a stock 5.0? speed den or MAF?

·
Registered
1992 ford bronco 5.0 302
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, it is running lean. check injectors. could be a tuning issue. is it a stock 5.0? speed den or MAF?
The injectors are all new motorcraft. It is a mad system but what would the engine shut off when the tps is plugged back in?
Also it is a remanufactured 5.0

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The injectors are all new motorcraft. It is a mad system but what would the engine shut off when the tps is plugged back in?

Also it is a remanufactured 5.0
check for an intake leak then. hesitation on throttle input generally means that it is running lean when you increase the throttle. So it is either not getting increased fuel, or it is sucking in excess air.

·
Registered
1992 ford bronco 5.0 302
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check for an intake leak then. hesitation on throttle input generally means that it is running lean when you increase the throttle. So it is either not getting increased fuel, or it is sucking in excess air.
Should I use carb cleaner and spray around vacuum lines and the throttle body

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Should I use carb cleaner and spray around vacuum lines and the throttle body
that can certainly help locate a leak, make sure to pipe you are not getting any into the throttle body intake so you aren't getting false surges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts