Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best spot to pull the motor?I am all ready to yank the 302 and drop in the 351,but I can not find a good spot to attach the chain for the hoist.Will an accessory bracke hole in the front work,and where in the back,nothing looks accessable?Please help!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
right where you exhaust manifolds were bolted to, run a bolt through one of the chain links at one corner, the back, and hook up another at the opposite corner front. Or you could keep the chains closer to the centre so you can tilt it easier by hand or with a pry bar, or you could mount 2 chains at the front (right and laeft side) with a comealong connected to the back so you can tilt the motor that way. I have used lifting lugs that I pulled off of an early 90s mustang motor, one bolted to the front DS and the other bolted to the rear.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
:stupid or if it is carbed...I used a plate that attached to the intake manifold in place of the carb to lift mine out...

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
redwagon said:
:stupid or if it is carbed...I used a plate that attached to the intake manifold in place of the carb to lift mine out...
They make lift plates for EFI too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You should have holes on the front & rears of the head, 7/16" coarse thread I believe...I just use bolts with a washer through chain into those...front left & rear right, or opposite that.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
it is surprisingly enough. I just did it a few weeks ago on an aluminum intake.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dave88LX said:
You should have holes on the front & rears of the head, 7/16" coarse thread I believe...I just use bolts with a washer through chain into those...front left & rear right, or opposite that.

thats what i do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts