Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's not the Bronco but the principles are the same. There is a clicking noise coming from the engine that has gotten louder recently, sounds kinda like a card in the spokes of a bicycle, noise speeds up and slows down with engine rpm. 1991 Plymouth Voyager(yeah minivan), 3.3L V-6, 253,000 miles. Runs great, doesn't burn a drop of oil and has plenty of power. All highway miles and very well maintained. PO said it was a trans bearing but when poking around with a mech stethescope the only place I can pick up the noise is on the fuel rail. First I was thinking valves but I figured I would hear that more on the heads and not on the fuel rail. Now I'm thinking fuel injector(s) but I need to know if a bad injector(s) could make that much noise. Any experience on this type of problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
yes it could be a bad injector, but i dont think it you would be able to hear it while driving. sounds like lifters to me. maybe not though

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely not exhaust. Can't really hear it while driving. Need to be stopped with the windows down or standing in front of it. When next to a building, like a fast food drive through it's really loud/noticeable. I was thinking lifters at first but it's not like any lifter tap I've ever heard before. It's more of a click than a tap like a lifter. And like I said the only place I can pinpoint it with the stethescope is on the fuel rail.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
ahhh it is clear now hahaha. Bro i had this happen on my grand prix and it drove me nuts. turned out it was the brake pads making all that racket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts