Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was climbing up a v-crack and slipped into it ending up on my side. I had to drive it out back wards and the engine started smoking bad. I got it out and on flat ground and the smoking stopped after a few minutes. It ran like crap the rest of the way home but got me there. What steps do I need to take to double check the motor to make sure everything is okay? Change spark plugs?? I added some oil after that happened. Any ideas would be great.:drinkbud

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the engine wasn't over reved while on its side. My throttle cable jumped off which put me in that position in the first place. I shut it off when it first flopped, fixed the cable and then backed out mostly under its own idle power.
It smoke like that for a bout a minute and then quit. I drove it home and it seemed to be a little on the sluggish side. So I will pull the plugs and change them and change the oil and filter. I will check the compression. Anything else???:doh0715:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.