Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got quoted at 25-2800 for a complete rebuild of the old 302 in the bronco. does this sound about right. i would do it myself but i dont have the time or the space to do it. thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Do you just want a plain jain rebuild, or do you want it bored with some nice stuff thrown on?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
:stupid
Around here, you can have it completely done with decent mods for less than $2k. Easy.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I bought a long block for my Bronco and did the re and re myself and it cost me I think about $2200. With exchange to consider, I would say that sounds alright, if that includes labour for a re and re that is.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is for everything. the guys said they completely tear it down. send it off to the machine shop, and put it all back together and install it in the truck. everyone else around here was trying to cahrge 35-4000 for it. i thought was ridiculous. i think i will probably get this done with income taxes. the wife said if it keeps me out from under the truck on the weekends whe is all for it. anyone think i should call around more?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
waltman said:
I bought a long block for my Bronco and did the re and re myself and it cost me I think about $2200. With exchange to consider, I would say that sounds alright, if that includes labour for a re and re that is.

are you drunk walt or using that speak and type thing

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
derrick36 said:
Depending on what that includes, that sounds on the high side. If they are pulling out your old engine, rebuilding it, and then installing it, that would make sense.

i am going to drive it in, and then pick it up in a week, and they will do what they do in between time

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
That is for everything. the guys said they completely tear it down. send it off to the machine shop, and put it all back together and install it in the truck. everyone else around here was trying to cahrge 35-4000 for it. i thought was ridiculous. i think i will probably get this done with income taxes. the wife said if it keeps me out from under the truck on the weekends whe is all for it. anyone think i should call around more?

Have you got any quotes on what JUST labor would be to R2 an engine in your bko would be?

If the prices are decent, you might be able to find something with some more performance, and then get another shop to istall it. It might come out to somewhere in the same price range.

Hell, go to the dixie chapter, and get some of your fellow floridians together, and pay them in beer.:thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
derrick36 said:
Have you got any quotes on what JUST labor would be to R2 an engine in your bko would be?

If the prices are decent, you might be able to find something with some more performance, and then get another shop to istall it. It might come out to somewhere in the same price range.

Hell, go to the dixie chapter, and get some of your fellow floridians together, and pay them in beer.:thumbup

just for labor it is 1050.

ken

·
Registered
223 Posts
I paid $800 to have my motors swapped. That also included a new water pump and installation of a new wiring harness. Another shop quoted me $500 just for the swap.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the lowest i got just for the swap is 450-500 bucks. i can buy a used motor from the junkyard, and they are saying it only has 67000 miles on it for 500 bucks. But I am thinking how would i know that is only 67000 miles on it and not 167000 miles on it. i dont know if that is a gamble i want to take.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
the lowest i got just for the swap is 450-500 bucks. i can buy a used motor from the junkyard, and they are saying it only has 67000 miles on it for 500 bucks. But I am thinking how would i know that is only 67000 miles on it and not 167000 miles on it. i dont know if that is a gamble i want to take.

Dont gamble on it.

If you have the means, do it right the 1st time.

just my .02

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont really have the money i have to wait till income tax and then save up some more but that is the route i am going to go. after all the rebuilder siad there is a 1 year unlimited mile warranty on it.

Ken

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool guys thanks. hey this guy is reputable it is a machine shop, not a mechanics place. alot of mechanincs reccomended him.

ken

·
Lick my
2,091 Posts
I think Autozone sells reman engines for around 1300 + core. Seems to me that they werent that bad IIRC.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah thats what i thought as well. that and he is 1500 cheaper than anyone else cause he does his own machine work

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Watch out for remanufactured motors....ive heard of some using extremely cheap parts, different bores in each cylinder. Just do your homework and you should be good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts