Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not rebuilding my engine. I'm just in a "I wish I had money to rebuild my engine" mood.

Taking a stock 351w block, boring it 30 over, adding some cheap upgrades like a mild cam etc, what type of power should I expect? What kind of budget would you say is obtainable? EFI, by the way.

On the e4od, what's the usual going rate for a rebuild on one of these?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing on the trans it would be stock or close to it. Maybe a shift kit or something, I don't know. I wouldn't do it myself unless I was told in explicit detail how to do it.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
You have some good cylinder heads and higher-flowing injectors?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
IMO, Gack has one of the nicest 351 builds around. I would look into what he did.

Sounds like Boulder has quite a nice setup as well.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I put in Edelbrock Performer heads, EDL lower truck intake, EDL upper Mustang intake, EDL 70MM throttle body, mild cam, Bassani headers and catless 3" pipe all the way out with a flowmaster 40. Great power. Although it now feels like a dog when I drive it because I spend most of my time in an 08 F350 Turbo Diesel. Talk about power!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.