Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the easier way to swap an engine - Should separate the C6 from it and just pull the engine or pull them together? And if pulling to together, disconnect at the tcase or pull that too. I'm trying to nto get carried away with rebuilding everything. I tend to extend projects every time I touch something, so I really need to just swap out the engine. If the trans or tcase need attention later so be it. But, I'm rambling, the question is about how to pull the damn thing. Is it just as easy to just pull the engine? I'm assuming I'd have to prop up the bellhousing end with something. Thanks.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Pull the engine, leave the trans. Yes, its best to prop the trans up somehow after the engine is out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got done doing this a week ago with my 79 351M and it was easy. Leave the tranny and t-case where it is and go for it. You'll be suprised how quick it goes. Have fun, but this won't cure your desire to go overboard. You can always find stuff to dig into lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I dont have a 79, but on my 90 there would be no reason to pull tranny, you can reach everything from up underneath....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pull the engine, leave the trans. Yes, its best to prop the trans up somehow after the engine is out.
x2. When I pulled my engine, I just took a piece of c channel about 5 feet long, one end under the tranny and the other propped up on top of the front cross member. She's been holding strong for far too long now, almost time to replace it with the new motor :rockon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts