Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No nothing wrong but still looking so that on Bronco Speed I thought maybe someone on 80-96 may know someone. It is about ready in a week or so.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Very close choosing 1 of a few install shops. Could not find a ford performance one. I am having an issue getting MAF conversion from a place without scary reviews. I want it finished VERY MUCH I miss it and need a dirt trip.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
tcinu2 Sounds good if it would open. I have a Canadian I have had for a long time who can I think she is good at that. I ordered one this morning and got a text from someone who had one of the same. I put a hold on the new one and will be checking it out tomorrow a mile or two from my house they live. Hope it is in good shape. She figured it out and it is open. Cool may have some good info. My headers arrived today and a good torque converter is almost here too. It is getting close. Thanks for the link.
I miss and can not wait to ride my burrow bra.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I am installing the engine and having trouble with what distributor to use. The MSD 8452 looks like it would work and the builder says it would be good but like the Pertronix D131800,D131801 and D131810 they are for non emission control vehicles. Pertronix says I need vacuum advance D7131700. I have my 87 harness with a MAF kit and computer and need a steel gear in the 95. Any info on this?

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
As long as it is a roller cam you need steel or bronze, iron will eat your drive on your camshaft. Bronze is for hard use so not really great for the street as they get sloppy quick. MSD pro Billet is a good dizzy, stay away from the cast version the bearings and shaft are weak.

BTW function wise I doubt the inspector will notice the dizzy as long as you solder a stock pickup connector to the dizzy. Maybe hit with some aluminum cast blast paint to hide the shiny stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
445 FE Bronco Yes I hope to get away with it I got the MSD. I have some of the mounts for my Alternator and AC generator off the 351 do you or anybody know if my 87 302 stuff will work on the 95 351 ? My Alt. I have is a 3g high output kit I got from from fiireguy? on FSB Who had a nice business IMO I did it while back

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The engine is installed and driven. I am interested in a good tune shop to inspect and tune to make sure it is dialed in right. I left a message with Powertrane in HB but open to recommendations for this.
My other issue is rear glass fenders needed, a new tailgate or tailgate shell, a red door (in my garage) to install and a paint job (not fancy or $$$) to get insurance to cover it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You will need to email Steve at Powertrane to get a response or do a remote tune with Tweecer or Core
I have extra chip sets, new in box if you need. PM if needed

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
LVSTEVE i do not have a tweecer or core how do they work/what do they do? I talked with someone there today they are close to me in HB. I got an appointment with them.The chip sets you have are they SD (speed density) chips? If so I did a MAF kit for this because it is needed for changes done. They were happy about that and have worked and familiar with the fiveology one I got. Thank you for the offer maybe something.

You have a 427 I see NICE and on Kings too like me. I am amazed at how well Kings work. I was at the MINT and on a track to the King trailer to thank Bret who did my mine and introduced to the King of Kings good guys. When after at home looking at the pics my GF took I see a close pic of BJ with kids. I said nice picture. She said yes the kids were cute. I asked if she knew who that was? She did not I told her and asked how I missed him and she said Wow well we were on your mission to the King trailer. I said oh BJ may have wanted to send a message for King or went with if he knew? lol

Maybe see you out in the dirt out there. I am itching to do some off road trips and there is a lot of dirt around there. Any recommendations on good runs or map/books for off road trips?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Want to Rebuild my '94 Eddie Bauer 3.8L EFI Engine

I live in San Jose,California and my '94 3.8L EFI 4WD is a little long in the tooth, 250K miles. My biggest problem is a rear engine oil seal that won't seal after five replacements. My mechanic says he believes it is due to a worn bearing not allowing the seal to center and it quickly looses its concentricity.

Due to California engine replacement issues, I think I would prefer to have the existing engine rebuilt. I just want a solid working engine and don't need any special work unless there are some no brainers in terms of enhancements or better mpg.

What is the most cost effective way to proceed with this goal. I have driven this vehicle new since 1994 and I love it. Nothing else will do.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Fizzboom7 You need to shop around for a rebuild or crate engine from someone with good reviews. There are good and bad out there. You need to find one you trust at a price you can afford for what you want done. There is a lot to do right building an engine so finding someone that does what is needed making it right matters. Upgrading factory weak spots is good too.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts