Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay a little about my bronco it is a 1979 it has a 400 in it that has been bored .040 over has tmeyers pistons in it. Has .020 shaved of the heads .010milled off the deak. 260 comp cam 670 holley street avenger carb Holley dominator intake. She runs great with lots of power but sometimes when I am off roads under a hevay load and come off the gas fast she will stall out. Always starts rite back up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I know, you've probably heard it before... fuel inject it.

Using Price Motorsports adapter plates (excellent quality), you can bolt on any 351W intake. I would recommend using a Lightning lower since they're easily found and that allows you to mount one of several upper intakes, including the late model Explorer upper. In my case I had to rotate the upper intake 180 degrees (throttle body faces driver side) to clear the HVAC box.

EDIS8 works great if you get wet and muddy often as there's practically no way to kill it.

The other option is propane, but it doesn't seem like it's that popular in the southwestern US where I live... it was very common in BC (Canada), though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts