Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
StemCellResearch
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 93 bronco with 351w that leaks like a mofo. It runs great, only 165k miles. I want to go through it and reseal it if its good, hopefully just resurfacing heads, nothing major. I have alot going on and may not get to that for quite some time. I have a line on a 1991 E-250 with a good running 351w. What, if any, differences are there between these engines? Im thinking I can just swap engines to enjoy my bronco until I get time to go through the original engine. Will I run into any issues/differences? Any information is appreciated.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,801 Posts
the long block will be a direct swap... both years are flat tappet cam motors as well. Hell you could probably transplant the entire motor complete. The oil pan would be the only thing that would need swapped.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,994 Posts
As said, there is zero difference, except for maybe the oil pan and of course it has a Saginaw power steering setup. The inlet ducting forward of the throttle body is different, but that doesn't matter. It will have some extra bits for van use, like extended oil/fluid fill tubes.

Accessories are the same, except the PS, as I mentioned. The Saginaw is better than the truck PS pump.

·
StemCellResearch
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As said, there is zero difference, except for maybe the oil pan and of course it has a Saginaw power steering setup. The inlet ducting forward of the throttle body is different, but that doesn't matter. It will have some extra bits for van use, like extended oil/fluid fill tubes.

Accessories are the same, except the PS, as I mentioned. The Saginaw is better than the truck PS pump.
Sounds like what I was hoping/expecting. My engine already has a saginaw in it, so it should be pretty straight forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts