Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 91 bronco with a 302ci and the E4OD. Both of my parents have a 5.4 and i love them. SO long story short my friend is swapping out his 5.4 and tranny im not sure which one out of a 2001 f150 xlt. and i was wondering if my E4OD could handle the 5.4 so i didnt have to swap the tranny also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way my E4OD was rebuilt less than 3,000 miles ago and was beefed up to withstand the harsh driving of a teenager if that helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
for starters the 5.4 is computer controlled....you will need the wireing and brian from a 5.4l truck....and i dont think the e4od will bolt up to a tryttan....and also the e4od is all computer controlled

but if you swap every thing out and dont want your tranny.....i need one!:thumbup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, with it id be getting the new computer, and the complete wiring harness from him. anyone see anything wrong with the way the engine and the tranny would fit in to my bronco. because i have no idea:doh0715: thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
your 5.0 and the 5.4 have different bellhousing bolt patterns. You'll need a different transmission. Possibly another transfer case, too.

Do a search, the 5.4 swap has been discussed before...several times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts