Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK As you might know i threw a rod and seized my engine now yes i know i can rebuild my engine but my main concern is getting the beast back on the road before winter.

Today i found a 351 - C6 - and Transfer Case for 800 bucks is this a good price?? and if not a good price what should i offer him ??

Sorry if i didnt search properly but i really didnt find anything too helpfull, and the things did find were pricess in tennesse and i KNOW the pricess are diffent from there

Matt --

PS: --The guy said the engine was recently rebuilt his friend was gunna use it in his early bronco (66-77) but realized it was too much work to put in ( something about fixing the front end) so he just rebuilt his old strait six.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davids78bronco said:
Buy it, then, if you want, you can sell your old tranny and tcase, to recoup most of your expenses

OK im stupid could you please clarify is this a DAMN good price, an ok price or a "just get your truck back on the road" sorta price :shrug

Matt--

Ps = Thanx for the idea of selling the tranny thats a darn good plan

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Does he have reciepts for the rebuild? Never hurts to keep 'em honest.

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Oh, and if it truly was just rebuilt, then thats a good price. Just for comparison, I paid about $1100 for my 400 long block.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
offer him less than that. yes its a good price, but at the very least, you'll end up paying what he wants for it. even better if you can score it for less. but definitely check on the receipts.

C6 = good tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts