Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wikipedia states this.

1988-89 351W trucks received a c6 transmission.
So is that a safe bet to say that if I got an ECU from an 89 bronco that had a 5.8 it would be the right one to control a C6? :thumbup

I bought my ECU from a wrecking yard and it says "89 5.8 bronco" on it with a paint marker.. I figured it would be the best time for me to make sure everything is all good before I do my body swap.

It's running fine now with no codes, but just wanted to make sure everything is the way it should be.. It actually started running better once I went to this ecu.. (well that was over a year ago so the memory isn't all there. :toothless

I figure the experts here would be able to tell me if that Wikipedia statement is right..

ya it's a noob question but I've forgotten a lot of what I've done over the years.. :brownbag

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct.. I'm not sure how I could tell which year it came from.. The only way I know is by the writting on it.. The wrecking yard I got it from is a small time place with some pretty knowledgable people and haven't steered me wrong yet. I got this ecu a couple years back.. Had got a few when I was doing my 5.8 swap and this one got put in a drawer and forgotten about until a year ago..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I check the part #, where do I reference it to? (Hopefully I remember when I get home)

·
Super Moderator
25,801 Posts
yo,
Identification, Bronco & Ford; "Every computer has a main sticker on the 60-pin connector that identifies the computer and holds the most information about the computer. If you have an EEC in your hands and wonder what it came out of this list is for you. If you are looking for an EEC in a junkyard or swap meets this is for you too. If you just wondered what computers Ford used in which vehicle this is also for you. I would not be upset if you printed this page off for your records, in fact I recommend taking it with you so you have an advantage finding that special EEC..."
Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=17

Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal,
Vacuum Diagrams & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP.
On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel;
Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) and a related calibration parts list."
Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker).
Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover.
Source: by Ford http://www.motorcraftservice.com

I picked out the first Cal Code, 9-64E-R11 for 1989, Light Truck, 5.8
and got this;
NAME/DESCRIPTION
PROCESSOR AND CALIBRATOR ASSY., (EEC-IV)
ENGINEERING NO. = E9TF 12A650-ZB

SERVICE NO = E9TZ 12A650-ZB - this is Ford Part #

next up is;
E4OD to C 6 EEC Swap Info in a 95; "..."...I can make the electrical work Just the cost of the computer, $50-$200 depending on your shoping skills. 1994-95 5.0L Mustang (manual trans) F4ZF-12A650-EA T4M0, A1 CARDONE Part # 785918 ,STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # EM10101..."
Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at FSB http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49677&page=3

GL!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the post.. I've been to Ryan's site a bunch.. However he doesn't have a complete list.. I had 2 ecu's he didn't have on his list.. (granted he did put them one there)

I was wondering where he got his information from.

like stated in the first post.. I have this engine/trans/ecu combo already working and just want to make sure this is the correct one.. I have had 3 others that worked as well but the engine either idled to high or it didn't run quite right..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts