Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I'm sure this question has been asked about a million times, but...here it goes one more time.

I've had my 94 Bronco now for a little over a year now. I love it. It has around 150,000 miles on it, and while it still fires up and gets me where I need to be every time, it seems alittle week and I want a little more power out of it. Also its starting to make more and more noices and I noticed coolant is starting to disapeer between oil changes with no signs of leaks (head gaskets maybe?). I'm thinking of getting a re-man engine but not sure where to look or what options to go after. Keep in mind its a daily driver so I don't want something too radical but I do want more power. Well, thanks for your help and I look forward to chating with you guys.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
welcome to fsb

what size engine do you have now? Your best bet would be to find a mechanic shop and buy a rebuilt 351

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opps, sorry about that, I didn't realize I forgot to mention the type of engine I have. Its a 302

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was planning on doing the swap myself, and one of the questions I have is, I want to keep it fuel injected and with a swap for a more powerfull 302 will that meen a new pcm

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
if you are looking for a one for one swap, you can get a long block from precision engines out of houston they answered all my questions and were all around helpful during the installation. i would reccomend them so far. keep in mind i have about 20 miles on there engine.

ken

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Steve83 said:
You don't need a new EEC unless you're planning on a blower or nitrous.
:scratchhe So your saying that I could run a 302 with "X" Heads and a X-Grind cam on a factory S.D. computer?

And I'v also seen both Nitrouse and a supercharger ran on factory S.D. computers before.

Mikey D, is your EFI system Mass-Air or Speed Density?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
step up to a 351, buy one at a J/Y and have it gone through by someone whos not gonna steer you wrong (talk you into spending way to much $$)/ change all the gaskets.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
oldfrd said:
Steve83 -

If the 302 gets stroked and rebuilt to a 347 will the computer adjust, or would it turn into a nightmare?
A 35w S.D. computer will run it.
But just getting a 351w wold be more economical.

Also remember the LSA of the cam is verry important. Dont let it get below 114* on an S.D. Engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gacknar said:
A 35w S.D. computer will run it.
But just getting a 351w wold be more economical.

Also remember the LSA of the cam is verry important. Dont let it get below 114* on an S.D. Engine.

Umm... Gack, you lost me. What's a "35w S.D. computer"?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gacknar said:
:scratchhe So your saying that I could run a 302 with "X" Heads and a X-Grind cam on a factory S.D. computer?

And I'v also seen both Nitrouse and a supercharger ran on factory S.D. computers before.

Mikey D, is your EFI system Mass-Air or Speed Density?
Stock Bronco EFI is MAF. We don't have mapping like a Honda.

96ProjectBronco

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
96PROJECTBRONCO said:
Stock Bronco EFI is MAF. We don't have mapping like a Honda.

96ProjectBronco
1. WTF is "Mapping Like a Honda"?

2. 85-1993 EFI Bronco/F-Serise trucks are all Speed Density. 94 is a conversion year, some where S.D. some where Mass-Air. 95-96 all Broncos/F-series are Mass-Air (96 are OBD II)

He hasn't said weather his 94 is Mas-Air or not.

oldfrd said:
Umm... Gack, you lost me. What's a "35w S.D. computer"?
A Speed Density EFI Computer for a Bronco/F-150 that has 351 Windsor engine in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts