Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
donor bronco was an 89 Eddie Bower 5.0 with aod , ran fine when i was parked 4 years ago due to sucking antifreeze in to the oil.

Installing in to 87 XLT 5.0 had aod but swapped to c6. Ran fine for the most part when parked a month ago to start the swap. by for the most part i mean had a hard start problem and would blow sensors 1 a year. this is why i was swapping.

here is my problem.
i had to swap both parts of the harness that controlled engine all the way down to the fuel pumps and tail lights due to a difference in the plugs.

also in this was a Ravelco anti theft device.
it wired in to the PIP of the distributor plug on the drivers side fender, and part of what i have researched and came up with the plug for the clutch switch if it was a standard. guess they were universal regardless of auto or standard. autos have a loop back cap on it.

now my issue is not re hooking it back up to the PIP but the 87 just does not have the clutch switch plug at all.
i have been under the dash all day looking and i see nothing that represents the same as was on the 89.

i tried just patching the PIP wire back together and still no spark. put the coil that was on the 89 on still no spark. swapped coil wire from a known good 5.0 still nothing. it turns over fine. just wont spark.:banghead

EDIT: I ran codes on it too, only thing i would give me is 11 system pass

any help or suggestions would be great!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think you need to run it to the neutral start switch. I might be wrong but I believe the have the same function

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you need to run it to the neutral start switch. I might be wrong but I believe the have the same function
ok i will ask back this, could just having a jumper wire on the NSS plug cause it to not spark but turn over if i don't have it jumpered correctly?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have this problem figured out, kinda. i answered my own second question, yes the nutral safey switch can cause no spark but have the engine turn over. now i just gotta figure out what wires forsure it hooks up to from the c6 wiring to the aod wiring harness. but i did get it to start momentarly . :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts