Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys i need some help with this one my truck has been like this since i bought it, both my driver side and passenger side doors rattle when im going down the road. Not the pannels the entire door, think it might be due to some old door hinges? Ohh and also on my passenger side when i open the door it catches on the front panel of the truck (makes a horrible noise)

Any ideas?? :shrug

·
Registered
837 Posts
If I am not mistaking the doors are adjustable. Meaning up down and back or forward (your passenger door).

Also the "striker" the thing that the door latches to when its closed is supposed to have a hard plastic or rubber around it. It the plastic or rubber has broken off it will cause the door to rattle when closed.

the striker is also adjustable too. If its got the plastic or rubber, it needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the problem then on both doors, i need new rubber fittings on both strikers, but the passenger must need to be adjusted as well? But how in the world do i do that?

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
That is the problem then on both doors, i need new rubber fittings on both strikers, but the passenger must need to be adjusted as well? But how in the world do i do that?
Replace the striker bushings before trying to adjust anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright i'll go by advance today and see if they can get any in for me, or would it be better to order online i didnt consider it since its such a small part?

·
Registered
9,934 Posts
Alright i'll go by advance today and see if they can get any in for me, or would it be better to order online i didnt consider it since its such a small part?
It should be in the "help" section.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you don't have the money to buy it, or wanting to check it while the new parts are coming in. You can wrap electrical tape around the striker. (just to check and see if its the problem)

·
Registered
267 Posts
You'll find the strtyker bushings at almost every part store, its about $5.00 for a set of four two long and two short. Did my wifes over the weekend and all is well no need to adjust anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe check O'reiley's if you have one in the area. I know that is where I got new door strikers and the plastic fittings.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Door Striker Bushings, part number 38424 -Doorman Mfg costs $3.99 a 4 pack in the Help section of most auto stores, the bushings are the "anti-rattle device" and the Door Striker Bolts, part number 38420 - Doorman Mfg costs $7.99 1 pack with bushing last time I checked at O'Reillys.

Using a # T-50 Torx socket will loosen the bolt for adjustment, inward direction will pull the door in tight and you can completely unscrew a bolt to remove it and replace the bushing with some lubricant to help slide it on BUT becarefull of the female "thread clip" inside the door jam that it doesn't come loose and slip down inside.......PITA......then you'll need a magnet to get it out.

Doors, Tailgate bolts and bushings are all the same..

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help! I'll get on that project this weekend when i get home from my Regional swim meet, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okayyyyyy! Problem solved, bought two new strikers with rubber bushings on them (pretty cheap only 6.99 a piece) and the doors are pretty solid now. And as for the sound dampening since i put so much into audio with my truck i think im going to Fat matt the inside of my door panels and maybe my tailgate if i can rig it in some way

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea, those bushing are a real cheap fix. You should also look into some Peel & Seal at lowes to sound dampen those doors. Another cheap way to make a big difference

What are you talking about? I looked and cant find it. If you can look it up and paste an item # it'd help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
What are you talking about? I looked and cant find it. If you can look it up and paste an item # it'd help me out. Thanks
Find it at Lowes in the roofing section, its for residential use normally. pretty similar so people use it for deadener. like $17 for 25ft or something

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Good thing you didn't go adjusting crap. I had the same issue a few weeks ago. The passenger door was rattling over every bump. I got home and noticed that the striker bushing had rotted off. Replaced it and the door is now quiet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts