Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to evacuate my ac. I got a vacuum, and I have no clue where to hook it up. I have seen several videos and they all do different things. Please help me!

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
I need to know how to evacuate my ac. I got a vacuum, and I have no clue where to hook it up. I have seen several videos and they all do different things. Please help me!
This kind of vacuum?

That won't do you any good.
You need A Vacuum pump.

And a set of manifold gauges.

First things first, Why do you need to evacuate the system? If its still full you need to RECOVER the refrigerant, not something you can do at home.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
take it to a pro and have them evacuate the freon, then fix whatever is wrong with it, and take it back to them to charge it for you. If you dont already have all the required tools to do this, it will cost less to let a pro do the charge and recovery.

The tools you need to evacuate properly, and then vacuum the system, and properly charge it will cost you way more than letting a pro do it. But you can do the repairs yourself.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
agree let an a/c shop do it

you not only need a vacuum pump,you need a recovery tank for the refrigerant to go into, you vacuum pump will not be happy having refrigerant running through it!

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
agree let an a/c shop do it

you not only need a vacuum pump,you need a recovery tank for the refrigerant to go into, you vacuum pump will not be happy having refrigerant running through it!
Actually, you need manifold gauges, a recovery machine, refrigerant recovery tank, and a scale to recover refrigerant. Evacuating typically refers to pulling a vacuum on the system to remove air and any moisture that may have entered the system during service. Recovery refers to removing and storing the refrigerant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts