Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:brownbag
Ever notice how you pre-plan everything for a major job; and it never goes right?
Let me expalin this crappy weekend.
I had pre-planned and ordered, the front clip for the new bronco. Removed transer case and transmission to swap ovber the tailhousing and output shaft (2wheel drive donor) Had supplies (food and drink) allready for big day (sat.)
Well crap on me; first thing i get notifed two days after the fact, that my transmissions were NOT dropped off to my friend who was pulling a favor for me to swap internals for me, so that come sat. all we had to do was install new trans. OK fine, we can do it after the clip installation. Now friday night 5:30 1/2 hour to go, i find the front clip that i was told was off, and ready to go is indeed, Not off, in fact worse not even located.
Lucklily we found a front clip in local buy and sell in next town. So after a 2 hour trip do to bad directions (should have been a 45 min trip) we get ther remove the WHOLE front clip for 100$ cheaper) head home and call it a night
So sat morning we head off to Butlers auto salvage in P'Cola to locate front sheetmetal for bronco...nothing.
head home after checking other sources. Decide to try more salvage yards sun (so much for ride and picnic with club *sigh*) Take donor tranny apart..filled half with water and bad parts...decide to order rebuild kit and do it right..more bad news, the kit to rebuild trans was sold, half to re-order it, be in sunday *Sh#t!
OK sunday, go to wrench on bronco, get there start tearing it down, everything good, can't get fender off cause i left the keys to get in it at home >Doh! So decide to wait to Pick up rebuild kit for transmission. Deliveries runs late. Hours wasted! Go home, get keys meet up, problems with chains for car dolly...finally get it all hooked up tow home, and realize, frame is bent...(so much for installing clip tonight. So out of this hard worked for weekend i got Jack Sh$t done on new bronco. Were I am now is were I should have been thrusday night a week ago..what a waste of a weekend....wish me luck guys...looks like this is gonna be a bastard of a job. Night hope the ride was fun

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Dude .. what a circus of errors :shrug Bum deal man .. sorry to hear about it .. sounds like my lift install

I hope you at least had some beer :beer

All the best looking into next weekend .. :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i know how you feel. it took me 5 days straight to get my lift on. so much for "a weekend length" job.:brownbag

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Andy351 said:
i know how you feel. it took me 5 days straight to get my lift on. so much for "a weekend length" job.:brownbag

hahaha :lolup .. you're lucky Bro .. it took me 5 WEEKS due to rust, broken axle studs, 2 kids and a wife with no garage to work nights in ... the COLD and SNOW didn't help either :doh:

her's some coils spring, axle stud, backing plate for ya :toothless

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Sounds like two weeks ago for me; had everything planned to go pick up a Bronco I bought off eBay in MA. On the way to pick up smaller tires for the dolly I smell gear oil, the back of the Expedition is covered. The pinion seal blew, this was just after I had all the bearings in the rear replaced a week before. Apparently the vent tube became clogged and BLEW the new seal out. Had the cancel the dolly I had resevered at Uhaul. Next morning I call Uhaul, no dolly. The Uhaul in Philly 45 miles away has 4, great. pack the truck, kids, TV, snacks etc...... Get to Uhaul, they have 4 dollies alright, none can be rented. I ask the manager why I was told to come get one. He tells me I don't I didn't answer the phone. All this as he stands there smoking and banging two padlocks together. We had words I left. So I wasted two vacation days and had to wait another week. The only good part of the weekend was taking the kids to Monsters on the Beach and getting a picture of my daughter with John Seasock (Sudden Impact.)

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
everybody's got sob stories, but it'll all be worth it in the end right:shrug On a lighter note, i pulled the 460 outa my plow truck sat. at work. :rockon took bout an hour, hardest part was gettin off the exhaust. Flame wrench made short work of that.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
drexelsteve said:
everybody's got sob stories, but it'll all be worth it in the end right:shrug On a lighter note, i pulled the 460 outa my plow truck sat. at work. :rockon took bout an hour, hardest part was gettin off the exhaust. Flame wrench made short work of that.
No sobbing here just addin my $.02.

Are you going to build the 460 or just swap it as is?

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
cam, timing chain, carb, intake, headers, and pretty much reseal the mother. had 43k on the odometer so the bottom end's tight:thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
drexelsteve said:
cam, timing chain, carb, intake, headers, and pretty much reseal the mother. had 43k on the odometer so the bottom end's tight:thumbup
Gotta love a tight bottom end.:toothless

If you can't finish it at work, I have a cherry picker in my shed if needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts