Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to Atlanta this week-end to party and maybe meet up with some fellow FSBers I had this happen to one of my TSL's...

Yes thats a big hole in the side of the lug...:wtf

another look...

So after searching for a day and a half for a used "spare" I finaly had to call up 4WDW and buy the only set they had that was even close to the size I needed!!:banghead

WAY to small for "The Beast"!! Oh well I guess I can use 'em on Project Trailrig later...:shrug

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, they weren't radials. The hole goes into the side, like horisantily through the lug...but it's hollowed out:shrug You could put a ping pong ball in there...the air was leaking out of a pin hole in the weaked ply underneath the lug into the hole...clear as mud?? It's hard to take pics of, the first pic just shows the hole and the second pic just shows you basicly that it goes way up in there...I think it was a bad tire, but what can ya do??:banghead

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
yeah, youre pretty lucky, alot of swampers come apart on the highway and take off one side of the front clip along with it. Especially the SSR's. There was a site that cataloged mud tire failures, forget where it was tho.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had no idea SquattyD...:shrug And BucKinBroNcO, this isn't the same thing...I have had em, "chunk" as you called it before...I used to run Gumbos (hell back when I first started wheelin' that was one of the few tires you could get 38 or higher) Normaly the "chunking" was just a hunk of rubber missing that was gouged by something...theres no way something coulda gouged out a hole that deep and only made it a hole (ie: not ripped the rest of the rubber around it) It's a inch by two inch hole that goes about three or three and a half inches deep...and is actualy a bigger hole on the inside...like there was a pocket of air there and the piece of rubber covering it was removed....:shrug

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nahh there 38.5x14.5 same hieght and two inches narrower than what I had but remember I just added 3 inches and was looking for flares...so I was gonna get a few more miles out of them and when I got the flares try and run 44's....Which I still will I guess I'll use these on the '94..:shrug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts