Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so when i brought the truck (1993 bronco 5.0 xlt E40d) the oil pressure gauge didnt work, figured it was the sending unit and got it replaced...

now, the idiots at the oil change place put 10-30 in so i account some of the problems to this but...
at idle when the trucks warm, the oil pressure drops to nothing, and at certain cruising speeds when im on the highway, it does the same, yet at all other times under throttle the oil pressure is perfect (points straight up if not a little to the right)

have a friend says its a bad lifter, other says its a stuck piston in the oil pump,

any suggestions

and can i get the valve covers off without removing the intake??

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Install a real oil pressure gauge. If you don't want to rig one in the cab, then get a cheapie and zip tie to the cruise control module.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
question about this (and it actually applies to both my mustang and the bronco)

if i install aftermarket gauges, wont that mean the ones on my dash no longer work, cuz having a bunch of zeroed out gauges would drive me insane

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
question about this (and it actually applies to both my mustang and the bronco)

if i install aftermarket gauges, wont that mean the ones on my dash no longer work, cuz having a bunch of zeroed out gauges would drive me insane
You can use a T to keep the OEM working but its just a switch, it doesn't give you PSI reading, more of idiot light than a gauge - either on or off.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
how would the "idiots at the oil change place" know you had a wore out engine that needed gear oil to run properly?

Don't blame it on them.

Hook up an aftermarket gauge and use the T to keep your stock one also.

Tell us what you are reading with 10w30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts