Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

exhaust exit before rear tire

18K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Levelusion 
#1 ·
i installed my summit headers and having a bitch of a time getting the y pipe to line up. it is rotted and really just needs to be replaced anyhow so i am just going to go to an exhaust shop and a have them make me an exhaust.
what i would like to do but do not think it will fit is just use my stock 03 lightning exhaust(has less than 500 miles on it) and have it exit right before the rear tire like on a lightning. If that does not work then i am just going to use the muffler off the stock lightning exhaust and have them make a dual exhaust.
i have searched and seen many people mention having the exhaust exit before the rear tire but can not find any pics. looking for some ideas. thanks

#5 ·
i dont do rocks much, so i didnt try to put them through the body..

driver side:

passenger side:

#6 ·

Out the side

I made it with the left overs of my brothers stock Mini Cooper S exhaust so I didnt have a huge selection of bends so I just ran it under the frame. I have yet to tear it off.

#7 ·
I had sidepipes long ago. I hated them. Sound was annoying and the wheels stayed filthy. Sounded cool under bridges and stuff though.

#8 ·

mine before I had the pipe ran,
I ran it through the body support very similar to RedWagon, but cut a hole for mine instead of cutting the whloe panel.. I also did not use a tip, just ended with the pipe itself,

Chem

#9 ·
I love sidepipes. They're cheaper to make.:toothless I ran mine right in front of my back tires and I love it. But, unless you enjoy the rumble of an amercan V8 all the time (and I mean all the time) I wouldn't reccomend it.

I could see how they could be easily ripped off or pinched of you were wheelin', but as a dd, mine work great, sound great, and look cool in my opinion.:chili:

#11 ·
Halflife,

I will get a few tomorrow, I need to update my supermotors pics anyway

Chem

#14 ·
I like that!! Is there a body lift there at all, or just cut out the panel over the frame?

#19 ·
I was thinking about doing this as well when it came time for some exhaust work.... but had read that people were having trouble with a large amount of exhaust coming into the truck when the back window is down (more than normal amount I guess). Can anyone that has run their exhaust out the side confirm whether that an issue or not??

#22 ·
well i just dropped off my bronco at the exhaust shop. gave the guy my stock 03 lightning exhaust and my 2 stock 05 mustang mufflers and told him to make it work! He has done at least 15 of my friends race cars and does awesome work so i am leaving it up to him. Told him I would like to have them out before the rear tire but if he can not get it to work with using the mufflers than come out after the rear tires. I am interested to see what he comes up with. If he can not get it to work with the mufflers I gave him, i am just going to have him cut the y pipe and put new flanges on and leave it stock for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.