Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so What I decided on doing to finish my exhaust and get rid of my old set up. (If you haven't seen it, search for it;) ) But get rid of that set up and put in a 3" after the Y pipe. Run about 2' of 3" pipe after the Y pipe, then got a Dynomax Race Bullet going to put on. Then run about 1'-2' of pipe after that, and dump it out to the side, kinda like the lightnings do!

Whatcha guys think?!?! Input would help greatly, thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, my screen didn't show it was loading, so I was like WTF, haha. But yah, isn't that how the Bassani Y pipes are, they get bigger after they come together, because that's what I'm going to end up doing sometime this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone done this or got bad comments about it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,448 Posts
i've got a 3 inch cat, 3 inch in flowmaster dualed out sides right befre rear tire. i like it. it's not as loud as when i had the muffler with no pipes after it. it doesn't set off car alarms at idle anymore though. if you are only going out the pasenger side i would suggest looking for someone's set up on here where they went between the frame and body. i wish i had done that. there is a piece of body that you can cut to have room. not sure if 3 inch will fit though. that way you don't have the pipes below the frame. i love my set up though. i'm so tired of everyone having the same dual exhaust just cause it's "cool" to have.
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
I hate my duel dynomax race bullets... obnoxiously loud (and thats coming from someone who likes loud pipes). 460, duel 2.5" exhaust, no cats, race bullets. I'll be going back to flowmasters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah, i'm tired of my flowmasters, haha. Going to be taking off my last cat as well. and only running the single bigger exhaust. Not sure how much performance wise I'll gain, little if none, but the flows are just annoying to me now, i mean i love the sound, just being able to hear anyone when they ride in the back seats.

So, I think i'm going to get a turn down, and turn it to the side, but downwards at an angle, just so i don't get as much exhaust goin into the tires, but that's only if I run it back that far, if not, i'm just gonna turn it straight outwards
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Yah, i'm tired of my flowmasters, haha. Going to be taking off my last cat as well. and only running the single bigger exhaust. Not sure how much performance wise I'll gain, little if none, but the flows are just annoying to me now, i mean i love the sound, just being able to hear anyone when they ride in the back seats.

So, I think i'm going to get a turn down, and turn it to the side, but downwards at an angle, just so i don't get as much exhaust goin into the tires, but that's only if I run it back that far, if not, i'm just gonna turn it straight outwards
If you think you can't hear anyone in the back seats with flowmasters, wait til you put on the bullets... They are 3 times worse, and sound like crap... at certain RPM's they sound like a damn machine gun going off. Now, if I was running a race car, at high RPM's constantly, I think they'd sound awesome. At high rpms, they sound wicked. But idle to about 2700 RPM they are crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, i'm going to keep my flows and compare them, like keep 1 on for a week and then try the other. Just so I know which would really sound better. But are the bullets really louder than the flows?
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Yah, i'm going to keep my flows and compare them, like keep 1 on for a week and then try the other. Just so I know which would really sound better. But are the bullets really louder than the flows?
WAY louder. They are practically straight pipes (which is why they are so cheap).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kept my straight pipes before i put on the flow masters, they sound like crap w/o a muffler. It had an irritating 'rattle' noise that I didn't like, will these make it sound like that or kinda deepin it a little bit?
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
I kept my straight pipes before i put on the flow masters, they sound like crap w/o a muffler. It had an irritating 'rattle' noise that I didn't like, will these make it sound like that or kinda deepin it a little bit?
If by "rattle" you mean the same thing as I do when I say "machine gun" sounding, then yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well as long as it will change it a little, at idle it didn't sound bad, then sounded like crap around 2700 rpms in 3rd gear. But other than that it wasn't too bad.

So i'll have to post some sound clips of both of them when i get it done
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
well as long as it will change it a little, at idle it didn't sound bad, then sounded like crap around 2700 rpms in 3rd gear. But other than that it wasn't too bad.

So i'll have to post some sound clips of both of them when i get it done
Well, if you don't like it, at least it didn't break the bank ;)
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
I kept my straight pipes before i put on the flow masters, they sound like crap w/o a muffler. It had an irritating 'rattle' noise that I didn't like,
JahWarrior said:
If by "rattle" you mean the same thing as I do when I say "machine gun" sounding, then yes.
Where either of these true dual systems without a crossover pipe?

Becouse true duals tend to do that without a crossover pipe.
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Gacknar said:
Where either of these true dual systems without a crossover pipe?
mine is true dual, no crossover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine is just a crappy set-up that my dad wasted his money on. They put a california cat-back system on it. So after the cat, it split into 2 more pipes, kinda like another Y pipe, and some sound reduction mufflers, cut those off right away and just had the straight pipes by itself for about 1-2 months. Then put on the flowmasters
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
JahWarrior said:
mine is true dual, no crossover.
Thats probably whats cousing that "pop gun" or "Fire Cracker sound". This is common among true dual systems with no balance/crossover pipe ("H" or "X")
 

·
o[|||]o
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Gacknar said:
Thats probably whats cousing that "pop gun" or "Fire Cracker sound". This is common among true dual systems with no balance/crossover pipe ("H" or "X")
Hmm, never noticed it in any of the other true dual cars I've had... I'll take your word for it though. When I install the doubler and truck cab I'm thinking of switching to a single 3" anyway. But it won't be a Dynomax ;)
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
JahWarrior said:
Hmm, never noticed it in any of the other true dual cars I've had... I'll take your word for it though.
Turbo style mufflers are usualy to quiet to hear it, Chambered mufflers tend to hide it with there gurgle, but strait pipes and glasspacks enhance it.
Those race bullets are verry similer to glass packs arent they?:toothless
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top