Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 302
factory exhaust flange stud/bolt, what size is it?
my part stores dont have any motormite 03135 in stock and i really need this fixed.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The stud that holds the pipe to the iron manifold? I want to say its 7/16" coarse thread, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm confidant enoufgh to bet 10 grand though.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
The stud that holds the pipe to the iron manifold? I want to say its 7/16" coarse thread, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm confidant enoufgh to bet 10 grand though.
Im with you, IIRC it is 7/16 coarse thread.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,
i couldnt remember if it was 3/8 or 7/16.
does 2 1/2 in sound right for length:histerica

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
thanks,
i couldnt remember if it was 3/8 or 7/16.
does 2 1/2 in sound right for length:histerica
not sure right off the bat. I would guess something like that, probly no more than 3". (EDIT: Forgot that we was talking bout the flange , the following is my manifold to engine bolts) I put Grade 8 studes/small bolts (think they where 1 1/2") in mine....I pray to the heavens that they done snap off I would :cry...but at least I can cut a nut off in order to get stuff off, thats the idear behind the studs:rockon.

Edit: Also used some grade 8 for the flanges also

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
not sure right off the bat. I would guess something like that, probly no more than 3". (EDIT: Forgot that we was talking bout the flange , the following is my manifold to engine bolts) I put Grade 8 studes/small bolts (think they where 1 1/2") in mine....I pray to the heavens that they done snap off I would :cry...but at least I can cut a nut off in order to get stuff off, thats the idear behind the studs:rockon.

Edit: Also used some grade 8 for the flanges also
I can kind of condone grade 8 studs, but I draw the line at grade 8 nuts.

What you want is something that will not weld itself(rust makes them become "one") to the Grade 8 studs(near impossible to cut) over time or you're stuck trying to cut, separate or remove grade 8 problems instead of the easier exhaust grade stuff (which is made to be sacrificial).

Mysef' I use the 7/16-UNC-14 exhaust grade studs supplied (usually free) to me by Midas and these brass nuts;

I have my exhaust off and on more than a new brides pyjamas:toothless so brass allows you to actually remove bolts and nuts later on, without any trouble.

A little give goes a long way in my book.

It's also why I use $3.09 three inch header flanges on just about every exhaust component I install, like my 3" cats;

I park on nice soft grass and pull out a pair of 9/16" wrenches and can undo and re-install my cat(think about that;)), muffler, tailpipe, Y-pipe, etc with hands tools and without even having to jack the old gal up.

All it costs me is a $2.50 Mr. Gasket Ultra seal gasket and some Permatex high heat Ultra Copper sealant each time;

Sixlitre

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found out today my factory logs are
front 3/8 coarse
rear 7/16 coarse

go figure

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I like the idea sixlitre
Thanks Badass1ton

It'd older tech, compared to the new slip fit and spring loaded connectors, but it works, it's cheap and it's effective.

Those of us with road salt and rust seizing to deal with have to do something or bolts and nuts "become one" after a few years.

Sixlitre

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
Thanks Badass1ton

It'd older tech, compared to the new slip fit and spring loaded connectors, but it works, it's cheap and it's effective.

Those of us with road salt and rust seizing to deal with have to do something or bolts and nuts "become one" after a few years.

Sixlitre
where do you find those replacement ball flanges? dont have canadian tire here nor jobber....

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
yes :thumbup
I'm surprised you don't have a Canadian Tire in Florida, with all the geriatric Canadians we keep sending down there to clog your roads:toothless;)

Failing that I'd demand to see the Walker or Maremont catalogs at your local car parts store. Don't let them tell you they don't have it cause they do !

One is 1400+ pages and they'll have em'. Best I can tell you other than that is hit a Midas or Meineke and show them a printed off pic of the flared ends and they can order em' in for you.

They ain't Canadian, as they say Made in USA on them, so that's the good news.

Are you a 302 or a 351 ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Those studs and nuts are available in the "Help!" line, on the red cards. $8 for studs and brass nuts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had to replace mine when I did my engine swap on my 95 bronco w/302. I swapping in a salvage yard engine with 100k on it. Napa sells an exhaust stud and nut kit for these trucks.
The part number I used is BK 6003232. Look it up on their website. www.napaonline.com The kit is $10 but worth it. Good luck buddy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts