Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get an exhaust manifold flange for 80s broncos? I have a 351W in my 82 bronco and I'm removing the headers. I was given a pair of manifolds from an 85 351w truck. One is missing the flange... I can't build my exaust until I find one. Ford said it is discontinued/obsolite. My exhaust supplier only has universal ones and does not fit the wide spacing of the bolts...

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Philofab said:
Anyone know where to get an exhaust manifold flange for 80s broncos? I have a 351W in my 82 bronco and I'm removing the headers. I was given a pair of manifolds from an 85 351w truck. One is missing the flange... I can't build my exaust until I find one. Ford said it is discontinued/obsolite. My exhaust supplier only has universal ones and does not fit the wide spacing of the bolts...
Would that one that is giving you trouble be on the driver side? If so, it is intended to have a heat control valve between it and the Y pipe.

Good luck,

:thumbup

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
My Y pipe bolts directly to that style manafold, except I have the heat riser style on the left side. I'm pretty certain that Monroe makes both Y pipes one for a truck with heat riser and one for a truck without heat riser. I had a site up on the net the other day that had the various configurations. I'll look it up and repost.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm removing the headers on my truck because they hang below the truck... they dont fit well, and they leak a lot. The 351W makes plenty of power anyways...

I found a flange at a yard today... now I can build by exhaust.... I will be building a y pipe tonight!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't care for headers... they have been a pain in the ass for me in the past. The newer ones with ball flanges and thick head flanges are better, but they don't really make much difference performance wise. I could care less if the truck makes an extra 10 hp. The $100-200 dollars for headers would be much better served in my suspention helping pay for stuff like limit straps, king coilovers, grade 8 bolts, and hundreds of feet of 1 3/4 .120 tubing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts