Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is my first post so please be nice. i have a 1983 Bronco, actually 2 of them. bought the first one because it was very complete only needing a few things like a smog pump, it has a cracked exahust amnifold and it needed a tailgate. this question is in reference to the exhaust manifold. the second bronco i picked up has stock ford headers. part number E6ZE-9428-3A. i know they came off a 86 so they obviously are not originsl to the vehicle. they have all the smog stuff needed for the DMV(i live in the oppressed country of california). my question is has anyone ever seen stock headers? will they work. is there anything special i may need to do for tuning. the engine has a Holly 2V. Also my parts bronco has stock dual front shocks, just wondering if it's worth taking them off and switching them out.

Edit
you don't have 75.... You need 75 post to sell or buy her
e.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
use the headers, they are most likely off a mustang. once they are on drive it and see if it needs carb adjustment. want know till you drive it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are going off road, it is definitely worth switching the shocs in my opinion.. as for the headers, I have seen many broncos with headers pass smog, I think it is all a matter of how well it did when you first try to smog it with functional manifolds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts