Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the bassini Y 3" exhaust. Are both sides of the stud metric? and what size thread are they?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? c'mon just looking for a size. its looks like 7/16 or 10mm not sure because both are really close and the rust does not help the identification

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
anyone? c'mon just looking for a size. its looks like 7/16 or 10mm not sure because both are really close and the rust does not help the identification
Dont
me, but I believe the studs that hold the manifold to the head(s) are 3/8.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The bolts that hold the manifold to the head are 3/8. The studs that hold thr Y-pipe to the manifolds I beleave are 7/16. 7/16 are what I put in mine but they needed to be drilled and tapped so they might not be stock.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Yup definitely 7/16" UNC (course thread)

Don't forget to use brass nuts so they'll come off next time

Sixlitre

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all went well got the studs out and put new ones in and it sounds great and i can feel the power!!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
thanks all went well got the studs out and put new ones in and it sounds great and i can feel the power!!
Exxxxxxxxxxxxcellent !

What muffler and tailpipe did you use ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just used all thread on mine. I chased the threads and they work great, and are CHEEEP. now if they hang, I can blow them out or drill them since it is softer metal. Just an observation note.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts