Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I just replaced my t-case. somehow my old one ran out of fluid. How that happened i have no idea. It turns out the only thing we can find wrong is that my exhaust is rubbing on my t-case. Its producing a squeak that sounds like my u-joint is going out. My question is can the heat from the exhaust burn off the fluid in my t-case? I'm starting to get a clunk on deceleration and I'm worried that I'm gonna blow another 'case tomorrow on my way to work.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
ehh, if you haven't done so already, make sure it's been refilled with fluid. Your exhaust should clear your Tcase by at least an inch - more, if you can do it

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My exhaust ends right after the muffler...been that way since I got it. I took it to Midas and they showed me where it was rubbing. I think one of the hangers is busted also, but for some reason its bent to the left enough so its rubbing on the case. The case was refilled 2 weeks ago after I had the good one swapped in, but could my exhaust cause my fluid to boil away or something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts