Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,448 Posts
Here is a new clip of my exhaust.

1992 351W .040

stock heads, CRN-44232 cam, MAF set up with custom tune

Exhaust is 2.5 mandrel tube, running through BBK headers, custom Y-pipe, no cats through a magnaflow muffler, single exit. (will take pictures later)

Sounds is about a 5.5

You tube clip http://youtu.be/YsiJO8YMEBs

·
Thanks 351w500
5,448 Posts
Hey guy if your going to post in here please follow the guide lines please or your post will be deleted.

Exhaust sound clips
Welcome to the Exhaust Sound Clip Thread.

Please post a video/sound clip of your exhaust (80-96 0nly)

Here is what we need to know

1. Year and engine size
Self explanitory

2. Engine modifications
We don't need to know what spark plug wires you are running, but we should be informed of aftermarket Heads, intake, cam, over sized bore or stroker.

3. Exhaust
Everything from the exhaust ports back. Headers, Custom routing with pics, part numbers, size, single or dual, mandrel or compression bends, what muffler, and crossover or no (if dual), Everything.

4. Sound level (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
1 Is silent.
5 is the level of any average 1979-2004 Mustang V-8 with an offroad X/H-pipe and 2-Chamber mufflers.
10 Is a top fuel dragster

Links to threads about your exhaust build will also be welcome.

What wont be aloud.

1. Questions.
Either start a thread if you think your question is deserving of a thread, or send a PM.

2. Anything other than a very descriptive sound clip post.
No "Hey man that sounds great" or "I don't like how you routed that" or "Hey man, here is my exhaust (with no info)" posts

3. No sound clips taken in a confined space.
No garages, carports, warehouses. You cant get a good sound clip that way.

4. Any vehicles other than 80-96 Broncos and F-Series trucks.
We know you like the way your neighbors souped up 87 Buick Regal sounds, but it has no business having a clip here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here goes:

-1992 F150 5.8

-Engine is a stock Ford reman with ~50k miles

-Exhaust:
Summit Racing Shorty Headers (PN: SUM-G9036)
Bassani Catted Stainless Y-Pipe (PN: 581503)
Magnaflow Stainless "Performance" muffler (PN: 12867)
Magnaflow 3" Stainless Tailpipe (PN: 15003)
Magnaflow 4" Tip (PN: 35107)
All bends are mandrel bent. It is a single passenger exit exhaust with 3" diameter from the cat back.

-Sound level is about a 5 or a six. The muffler tamed it out a bit.

-Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiT5Bwx-pt8

Some pics of the routing:

·
Registered
258 Posts
1. Year and engine size: 1995 302V8

2. Engine modifications: K&N drop in filter

3. Exhaust: Single Catco High Flow Cat, Glasspacks into split 3in stainless steep tips. No muffler, pass out to the side of rear tires.

4. Sound level: 4 - 5? Not too loud but loud enough to notice

This setup really sounds good and deep to me, sounds much better with decent speakers, not sure computer speaker alone will do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qDVLKtZ0LQ&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine mods: 349 stroker tfs CNC heads victor jr intake 750 quick fuel carb custom nitrous cam 125 shot of nitrous msd distributor digital 6 box

Trans: build c6 4,000rpm billet stall converter manual valvebody

Exhaust: summit welded mufflers, dyno max blackjack long tube headers dyno max exhaust system before the mufflers and custom side exit after the mufflers

This video is a 4hi launch off of 2-step on a street that ha some snow on it

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
96 Bronc

I used BASSINI exhaust systems when I was racing dirt bikes with so I gave them a call. Sure enough they had (in MY view) the perfect system for my 96 Bronc.
I got a set of "equal length" headers" with the rest of the exhaust system. Their set-up elminates 1 on the Catalytics Converters and install in about 4 hours using the orginal hangar system.

The sound is PURRRRRRsft.

·
Registered
117 Posts
1989 Ford F150 5.8 roller swap w/ an HO cam

Pacesetter Longtubes, custom 2.5 Y pipe going into a 3in pipe going into a single Hooker aerochamber.

Sound level maybe a 5 or 6

·
Registered
48 Posts
95 BRONCO exhaust straight pipe

95 - 302
none
all stock except no muffler and cat is hollow - egr is still connected - OBD I -
5 @crank up and 8 when you punch it, but 3 when foot's not on the gas - actually works as a safety....i just tap it when someone is in the road up ahead to alert them or to say hi~ they get outta the road
one day i will get new pipes with headers....

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1088390/fullsize/bronco-squatch.mp3

·
Registered
218 Posts
Exhaust Sound Clip Video Details:

1. Year and engine size = 1993 5.8L
2. Engine modifications = Stock Engine w/K&N Drop-in Filter
3. Exhaust = Video #1 is open factory manifolds (see full details in description in video summary)
Sound Level = 10

Exhaust = Video #2 is with Magnaflow 93312 Y-Pipe Only (see full details in description in video summary)
Sound Level = 9

Exhaust Sound Clip Video #1:
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8L Cold Start - Factory Manifolds Only
https://youtu.be/9m5yXv6lsD4

Exhaust Sound Clip Video #2:
1993 Ford Bronco 5.8L Cold Start - Magnaflow 93312 Y-Pipe Only
https://youtu.be/QT_J3W2OFoQ

·
Registered
535 Posts
1. 1984 302 ci 2 barrel

2. Stock engine rebuilt 1000 miles ago

3. Exhaust - pacesetter shorties, custom bent 2" pipes, not cats, old Magnaflow performance mufflers exiting behind the rear wheels all mandrel bent with no frills

4. Sound level

4 at launch
6 at WOT
3 at Highway speed
2 at idle

Really pleased with it and sure am glad we found the exhaust leak in the form of 2 threaded holes in the back of the heads.

https://youtu.be/nTb2ONnXSVw

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
1. Year and engine size
1996 5.8L

2. Engine modifications
K&N drop in filter, snorkel thing on intake removed.

3. Exhaust
Completely stock except for muffler removed and replaced with 28" of 2.25" pipe. nothing special.

I'd say about 3-4

As said, muffler removed for a piece of pipe. I was relieved that it is VERY tame. Almost wishing it was a bit louder. Low rumble, sounds good and old school but not obnoxious. Absolutely no drone, which amazed me. I thought for sure I would have some. I was afraid it would be insane and we'd have to replace it with a muffler, but I'll see how it goes for a while! Planning to upload a video/sound clip tonight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. Year and engine size
1986 351 HO

2. Engine modifications
Rebuilt, Performer intake, 750 Holley, High flow filter

3. Exhaust
full length headers into Magnaflow Y-pipe, single 3 inch Dynomax Welded Magnum, turn down

Probably a 4 at idle, deep rumble, cruise up to 65 is fairly quiet but does get a little louder above that when it makes it to 3000rpm. Would be ideal with an overdrive!

121 - 140 of 145 Posts