Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm stuck :)
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this probably isnt worth a new thread but ill give it a shot... bolted to ford seramic coated headers true duals 3 inch all the way back, highflow cats.. can anyone tell me if this will be a nice deep throaty sound or will it be a horrible hurting sound? under my firebird, i ran headers into glasspacks and it was loud enough to here from a couple blocks down but still sounded good close up. i miss that sound. i know ill never get that sound outta my bronco, but is there a way to come close? let me know if theres something better than what im thinking of doing... thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Duel 3" pipes is a LOT of pipe for a 5.0!!!!!! Frankly I kinda like the sound of the single pipe on mine.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

Dual 3" pipes is too much. Either do a 3" Y pipe, and keep it 3" all the way back, or... well, just do a single 3" pipe, true duals are gay. Duals done correctly (see Gacknar for an example) aren't bad either.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,198 Posts
I was just about to do want you want to do last week but these guys on here talked me out of it. I went with the 3 inch single exhaust with flowmaster 40 and WOW, nice DEEP throaty sound. I am VERY pleased with the results. Makes the cam (E303) sound very nice.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
this probably isnt worth a new thread but ill give it a shot... bolted to ford seramic coated headers true duals 3 inch all the way back, highflow cats.. can anyone tell me if this will be a nice deep throaty sound or will it be a horrible hurting sound? under my firebird, i ran headers into glasspacks and it was loud enough to here from a couple blocks down but still sounded good close up. i miss that sound. i know ill never get that sound outta my bronco, but is there a way to come close? let me know if theres something better than what im thinking of doing... thanks
I don't understand, you say you have already installed these parts...it's a done deal. Why don't you just turn the key?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I don't see where he said he has it installed already. Go with a single 3". Have it on mine and it's great.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I don't see where he said he has it installed already. Go with a single 3". Have it on mine and it's great.
re read the first line and a half, before the part I bolded.

·
I'm stuck :)
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand, you say you have already installed these parts...it's a done deal. Why don't you just turn the key?
... yeah i havent done it yet i want to... i meant to say something along the lines of, i want to do 3" duals all the way back and they'll be bolted to ford headers and blah blah blah sorry for the missunderstanding there

would 2.5 or smaller be better?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I have 2 1/2" header going into one 3" pipe with a flowmaster and I like the sound. I wanted dual exhaust but the exhaust guy said it would be real difficult so I told him to do the 2 into 1.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
... yeah i havent done it yet i want to... i meant to say something along the lines of, i want to do 3" duals all the way back and they'll be bolted to ford headers and blah blah blah sorry for the missunderstanding there

would 2.5 or smaller be better?
Yes, for true duals... 2.25 would be plenty... Look at Gacknar's build if you want to do it correctly.

Also remember, he's got a nicely done 357. You have a stock 302. You don't need to flow near as much as he does either.

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
I agree with EVERYONE else...

The single 3" is the best thing for our rigs. There is not enough back pressure on the true duels and you will lose some preformance power. Do a search and you can find out how to put one together for super cheap. There are many posts on exhaust...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts