Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more question, tommorrow i am getting the exhaust finished, i already put on hedman headers, i was thinking flowmaster muffler should i get 2 1/2" or go with the 3"? thanks

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Definently go with 2.5", 3" is gonna kill you're torque. I have 2.25" pipes and 2.5" 50 series sliped over that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is it dual or single exhaust??? I went with a single 3inch and flowmaster muffler. Sounds great, maybe just a little too loud though.

I was told I would get better low end torque with the single 3 inch???:toothless

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its dual exhaust, and i havenot decided if I should run them out the straight out the back or turn them down.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
With a Flowmaster I doubt going to a 3" will do anything with the torque. If it was a straight through muffler it might change it, but its probably only enoufgh for a dyno to see. I'd go with the 3" because other people will think you are cool for having a big fat exhaust pipe.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
same as above, out the sides in the back, you don't want them going straight out the back. i had dual 2.5 going in and single 3" out flowmaster on my 86, ran really good with that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats so negative about having them go out the back besides the fumes?

·
Registered
563 Posts
You don't get to hear it well with it out the back, side exits nice just roll down the window and listen to the rumble. I also like the infront of tire side exit but it can be A little obnoxious on long drives.

·
Registered
517 Posts
ive seen guy with duels out the back and when they go wheelin and have a bad exit angil they will smash the tail pipe. They still need to go under the rear bumber . Out the side they stay out of the way and give more clearence.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts