Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 bronco xl, 5.8l V8 351, and currently have a cherry bomb extreme. Its a single in dual out with 2 turn downs (its too quiet and not rough and loud enough), and my plan is to have a local exhaust mechanic to cut out the cats (i live in florida so loudness isnt really an issue atleast not where i live, and i have never heard of a cop here looking up underneath to check for cats so nothing to worry about legally) and weld on a pipe in place. My question is what do you think i should do, should i keep the muffler, or have him run true duals.

if anyone has the same if not similar situation and you can post a video or link (to youtube) of what it sounds like thatd be great (please same size engine if not close for the video).

also if you know any other way to save me some money thatd would also be great.

thanks, ean

·
Registered
344 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series will make it sound mean but people say at freeway speeds they seem to drone

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the problem i have with my muffler, its a drone but at lower speeds like 40 or so i just hate when it gets to that drone level cause it sounds ricey, i prefer the "******* sound" they call it (which is just true duals)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Duels take away from torque from what I've heard. You could always just straight pipe it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think im just gonna cut the cats out and see how it sounds then if it dont satisfy my intense picky-ness of exhaust sound then ill just run a y pipe and do something with that.

but if yall know any way that i can save money like buy my own piping or something let me know.

·
Registered
616 Posts
True duals makes alot of sound inside the truck, I'd go with a flowmaster 40 or 45....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've got a 302 with duals and no cats with Flowmaster mufflers. I don't know which Flowmasters they are because they came from the PO.

I can attest that the noise inside the truck is very loud and it's difficult to carry on a conversation at a civilized volume on the highway. I don't mind it so much but my GF complains about it deters people from riding with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts