Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I have a 90 bronco with a 302. My exhaust manifold is cracked and my muffler is just about to fall off. I am going to redo my whole exhaust system and would like some suggestions. I have been looking and thinking about getting a set of summit truck headers, an xtremeflow high flow cat but am not sure what muffler to go with. I want to have a really loud truck. Also I'm going with just one pipe not duals. I've been looking at Flowmaster 40 or a flowtech Terminator. Has anybody used a similar set up and knows how much sound that creates?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
CODY

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really like my magnaflow. It has a good tone and more volume than stock.

You should really reconsider 'really loud'. A little extra volume with a good tone is cool, but really loud is just reallly obnoxious.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't forget your local Ford Motorsports dealer, they have a really nice set of SS headers, shorties, straight bolt in, excellent quality. a bit pricey, 300.00 range but worth it, Ive had some of the other stuff, after awhile you get tired of blown manifold gaskets, tweeked doughnuts, scraped knuckels for putting the stuff together. if not for the 5.0 check out the ones for the 351w.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
As far as mufflers go, I just got the 30 series Flowmaster, and it's cool and all, but the resonation inside the cab makes my top vibrate.

I'm sure I could fix that if I put the other 10 bolts in, but fawk it!:thumbup

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mines got a Flowmaster 40 series and it's dumped. It wasn't that loud at all with the additional pipe commin out the back, made quite a bit of difference when I dumped it, but I like how it sounds much better now. Its not too loud but you can hear me commin, thats what I was shootin for. :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Frankenstien said:
Don't forget your local Ford Motorsports dealer, they have a really nice set of SS headers, shorties, straight bolt in, excellent quality. a bit pricey, 300.00 range but worth it
I just ordered those!!:thumbup They were on back order, so I'm still waiting...:shrug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts