Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best exhasut set up for my 1993 bronco, he had one put in it and its not daul, so I was seeing which is better

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'd tell you to use the search, but I did and couldn't come up with anything, haha, so I'll politely answer your question.

Most people like Flowmaster. It's a great exhaust. Get Flowmaster Super 44s if you really want it to sound mean. I know there's a huge exhaust thread around here somewhere. You'd get a lot more information a lot faster if you found it. Try searching for it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
"flowmaster" covers one very limited aspect of the exhaust, the muffler.

Duals are probably the single most overrated upgrade to our trucks. They will HINDER performance on anything you are going to see on this forum, short of maby a very tricked out small block, stroker, forced induction or maby some big blocks.

You are far better off with a single pipe in the 2.5-3" range. Not only is it going to perform better, but this exhaust system will also save you an ass load of money.

If i had to write down the optimal setup right now i would say get a bassani y-pipe, have a shop bend up something to get to the muffler, use a summit turbo style (same thing as a flowmaster for a quarter of the price) and run that into a 3" maremont tailpipe (part number m30001 at autozone). You should be able to have that hung under your truck for less than $300 and it will suit your engine quite nicely, cheaper if you dont go for the pricey bassani y-pipe. You are welcome to go have some exhaust shop go bend you up something custom, or buy some online kit, but it really makes no sense at all.

oh and.. uhh.. search or people will hate you.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Lets see....

1. You used all caps for your thread topic.
2. You used oversized letters for your entire post.
3. You misspelled almost every other word in your initial post or used improper grammar.
4. This topic has been beaten, crucified, shot, stabbed, hanged, drawn & quartered, buried, resurrected, water tortured, whipped, dissected, and examined every way imaginable, i.e. read before posting.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
904 Posts
its also been raped and pillaged by marauding vikings.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Lets see....

1. You used all caps for your thread topic.
2. You used oversized letters for your entire post.
3. You misspelled almost every other word in your initial post or used improper grammar.
4. This topic has been beaten, crucified, shot, stabbed, hanged, drawn & quartered, buried, resurrected, water tortured, whipped, dissected, and examined every way imaginable, i.e. read before posting.

Did I miss anything?
YES YOU FORGOT THAT HE'S NEW TO THE INTERNETS.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Where in the bloody blue hell do these nutsacks coem from......:banghead

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
From lesser forums that don't cover a lot of topics, therefore the search would be useless, and he would not think to search here.:thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Try this before starting any new threads :thumbup
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62157

Thanks, and welcome to FSB :beer

use a summit turbo style (same thing as a flowmaster for a quarter of the price)
A turbo muffler is verry diferant from a chambered muffler. :shrug

Turbo opened up with the fiberglass weaving removed.

A chambered muffler opened up.

Duals are probably the single most overrated upgrade to our trucks. They will HINDER performance on anything you are going to see on this forum, exept for gacks truck. His dual system is outstanding
(He just needs to finish his tailpipes) :thumbup
Fixed that for ya :toothless

·
Registered
50 Posts
Honestly...chill out guys. Although, I may be new to this site, I actively post in other sites, and do get tired of ansewering the same questions that appear. However, I still help them and then politely tell them how to go about posting in the future. Afterall, I think he did come here for advice...

Mitch, there is a "sticky" of exhaust sound clips at the top of this forum page. That will give you a better idea of what these options sound like. It has helped me out in the past.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Hooker Aerochambers have been getting good reviews by people on here. I'd go with a single 3" pipe into one of those.

In fact.. I am doing that.
Yep !

Theres a cut away on the package too:toothless

Wonder who that leading competitor is, who they outflow by 23%:scratchhe;) ?

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 44 Posts