Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the dimensions on the Expedition Overhead console? Also does it come with temp and compass? I want to install one in an 86 BKO. I want to take out the HVAC controls and put a Foglight switch and Back up lighting switch as well as a 12 volt accessory plug..Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
My old 98 XLT Expedition overhead didn't have the temp/compass feature, but I believe the EB editions have it. I dumped the Expedition for an Excursion so I can't get the measurements for ya, sorry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OHC Expedition

adrianspeeder said:
How would you run vacuum controlled HVAC with an electrical system?

Adrianspeeder
I want to take out the HVAC controls and put a Foglight switch and Back up lighting switch as well as a 12 volt accessory plug. Anybody have dimensions on the Expedition OHC?

·
Registered
214 Posts
lobo55 said:
I want to take out the HVAC controls and put a Foglight switch and Back up lighting switch as well as a 12 volt accessory plug. Anybody have dimensions on the Expedition OHC?
IOW, you're deleting your HVAC and installing a compass and OAT?

Explorer overhead consoles are much cheaper, often about $40.00 on the 'Bay.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why take out the hvac? I dont think I ever would. I don't like to jerry rig things either though

·
Registered
124 Posts
Some expedition O H C's have the HVAC controls in them. Those are the controls he is talking about removing. Not the ones in the dash of the truck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Expedition OHC

cadaver said:
Some expedition O H C's have the HVAC controls in them. Those are the controls he is talking about removing. Not the ones in the dash of the truck
Cadaver has it right, I want to get rid of the controls on the OHC not my HVAC. Anyways I settled on an exlorer OHC and F250 Dome light because the expedition OHC was too long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts