Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics basically speak for themselves

About a week ago we had pretty good amount of rain. I was headed to a friends house and came up to the low water bridge this happened at. There was an easy 2 feet of water over the crossing so i just turned around, backtracked 10 miles ( i was under 1/2 mile from his house) and went another way.

Drove through a couple days later and there's this F-150 in the water as well as a Jeep wrangler. First time i saw it you could only see about the top 10" of the F-150 and the lightbar of the Wrangler. Went by again today with a camera and snatched these. the Jeep is gone, you can see where a tow truck got it but this darn new Ford is still sitting there.

Let this be a reminder of expensive mistakes and the power of water.

Justin

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I bet that one is "totalled".

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
His future ebay ad.

"New 4x4 f150 for sale, fresh undercariage cleaning, seats and carpet have minor staining, my loss is your gain, get it cheap this weekend!"

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
shows that just because you have 4wd you can't go through high water if'n you don't know what you're doing
:doh0715: If it's been sitting in there for that long, it can't be good...
f'kd it is, i wonder how he'll break it to the insurance co.
i bet he starts with "see what had happened was...."

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's been there at least 4 or 5 days, most of the glass has been shot out of it. i don;t know why it's still there unless the people only had liability insurance and don't want to pay for the tow.

the cops and fire dept. were there to get the people out, so if it was stolen i'd imagine it already woulda been yanked out :shrug

I thought about heading out in a canoe to get the license number off of it, contact the owner since if it's just been sitting everything'll need gone through but so long as it stays under water things won't be horrible.

Then i started thinking about all the wheel speed and revving that was probably going on as this thing washed over and how many rods were probably hanging out of the block and decided to just let that idea slide.

if nothing else it'd be neat to get ahold of the body, SAS it with a big block of some sort then trail ride and rock it- make people think you have alot of money to throw around :rofl: "OMG, he has a 2005 F-150 trail rig :shocked" :thumbup

justin

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
it's been there at least 4 or 5 days, most of the glass has been shot out of it. i don;t know why it's still there unless the people only had liability insurance and don't want to pay for the tow.
i was wondering what the star on the windshield was. what kind of asshole does shoots out the windows.

it's new enough that they probably were toting the note on it, in which case most financiers require comprehensive coverage i believe

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
They are probably happy becuz they won't have to pay that big monthly bill. Let the insurance pay it off for them.
You know how people get, 3k miles on it and they are ready to get rid of it.

Its amazing, you leave something out in the open with no one around and all the idiots come out to shoot at it. It never fails.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in the second pic you can see both the side windows gone, the star in teh windshield, and the dents in the door about water level. looks like someone was out with a .22.

thats not a good way to go fishing. crazy kids
well sure it is, stays nice and warm inside plus gives you the bed to stand in. it's like a boat but it touches bottom so it's mroe stable :D

Justin

·
Registered
995 Posts
Had to go make sure my Truck was still in the driveway.....That one looks just like it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so how would too end up in there, "ill save you"
probably.

either that or it was "hey you in the jeep, my truck is more bad ass than your jeep that got swept away. . . vroooommmm..... oops"

Justin

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dude where is this at? I want to go check it out!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts