Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to get my hands on a used G-force automatic type locker, for $275. (Going in my '79 Ford 9")

I have not been able to find hardly any information about the operation/reliability reviews on this specific brand/model. Anyone have some experience with them?

·
Man of endless projects
9,289 Posts
cant find much info on them. everything I find relates it to a Detroit Locker. I also see there all used and say NASCAR in the title. and from a thread I read there designed for NASCAR racers and are a far more aggressive form of the Detroit Locker. im assuming G-force is a company that rebuilds these old NASCAR lockers and resells them for cheap. probably great for mudding but if there more aggressive than a normal Detroit Locker, then it would be miserable onroad

http://www.circletracksupply.com/g-force-locker-used-ford-9-inch-h-series.html

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant find much info on them. everything I find relates it to a Detroit Locker. I also see there all used and say NASCAR in the title. and from a thread I read there designed for NASCAR racers and are a far more aggressive form of the Detroit Locker. im assuming G-force is a company that rebuilds these old NASCAR lockers and resells them for cheap. probably great for mudding but if there more aggressive than a normal Detroit Locker, then it would be miserable onroad

http://www.circletracksupply.com/g-force-locker-used-ford-9-inch-h-series.html
Interesting... so when you say that it will be miserable on the road if more aggressive than a Detroit Locker, what do you mean exactly? Ratcheting? Dragging tires from not unlocking? What level of miserableness does a Detroit have?

·
Man of endless projects
9,289 Posts
I never had a Detroit locker. ive had lunchbox lockers but im not sure how they compare to a Detroit. I just know there very good but very aggressive lockers that make them not preferred for onroad. so I assume if a NASCAR Detroit is more aggressive, it would be almost like having a spool unless you are really carefull of it on turns

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a Detroit in my 78 bronco. It acts nearly like a spool, squealing around corners, unless coasting. When getting on/off the throttle, especially on a corner, the vehicle will lunge one way or the other. Kinda annoying. I think a spool is actually less annoying, except for slow, tight corners on a hard surface. I have a spool in my street/strip car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts