Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

661 - 680 of 710 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,223 Posts
I own a '70 Maverick street car. It was the last thing my grandfather and I worked on, together, before he died at 83 (my grandparents raised me from birth). The day he went into a coma, I was talking to him, in the morning, about wanting to paint it Metallic Silver (we had just shot his '65 Chevy Long-bed Fleetside in the, factory, Baby Blue a few months prior to give his old farm truck some TLC). He said he thought the Silver would look "sharp", but, I should finish building the motor first. :toothless That was the last conversation I had with him. He fell into a coma that afternoon and was taken to the hospital.

Hence, silver70. It makes me happy to see this on the screen every time I look up from the keyboard. Makes me remember why I love automotive so much. :thumbup
made me sentimental/happy just reading about it. :beer

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
If it weren't for cookies, javascript, ISP logs, IP and email addresses, it would be foolproof ;)
i'm talking about people from inside the matrix. just the public at large or potential employers who might do a web search based on an email address. (ie: the guys whose user name is their email handle)

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,296 Posts
i'm talking about people from inside the matrix. just the public at large or potential employers who might do a web search based on an email address. (ie: the guys whose user name is their email handle)
I understand what you're saying. Personally, I don't mind if someone sees that I'm a member of linux, VW, mountainbiking, gaming, construction, etc. forums and choose to only hide my use in certain scenarios, like banking, ftp connections etc. through VPN, TOR, Proxychains and other services.

If someone scours the internet to find out that I installed a narrowed front end on my VW, buried my house's water supply line to prevent freezing, backported a later kernel on my Debian install, wrote an encryption function to store email addresses or cleared some trees on my last bike ride in the woods, well more power to them.

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Kronos or Cronus, a Titan, the father of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, and Hera and the name I gave a dog of mine that has since died (neapolitan mastif). Obviously I like a little greek mythology.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Just like the greek mythology I'm gettin old and didn't remember I posted this before. lol

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I thought that I had posted in here before but I guess not. Maybe it's because I've had to explain mine a few times already.

When I was a kid a raced BMX. I got sponsored by a local bike shop and they wanted all of their riders to have nicknames. I tried to think of a name that sounded fast so I made it zippo. At the time I had no idea that zippo was a lighter, I thought I had made it up. Well then the time comes for me to make my first email and I tried to use zippo. But of course it was already taken. I got very upset and said "No I'm zippo, zippo is me!" At that point I tried zippome and it worked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love BBQ and love to BBQ. Friends and Family say I am crazy about BBQ. I shortened BBQing to Qn and added crazy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Parker was the name of my previous boxer dog. Good buddy used to come over to my house and yell Parkerdog and he'd come running. One I have now is named Roger. Just didn't seem the same.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
I've already told mine, but for another forum, somebody had "Handy Andy," so I came up with my second love behind Broncos, aluminum trailers:

Silvertwinkiehobo.

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,275 Posts
My name is Brian Madigan. Been called bmad for many years. Don't remember when it started it just stuck. Not that I'm angry a lot. Just stuck with the name. Decided to use it as my email address and found out someone had already claimed it. I added the "01" and it was a go.;)

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
Mine was the byproduct of me being 17 and having no creativity, I honestly don't like it at all.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm a retired inland river towboat pilot ( pushed barges ) so seemed appropriate

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
Had a blue 94 that was "big" on 35" tires haha. I was still in high school. Sadly, that blue 94 is a bunch of nails or tin cans now, it burnt and was crushed.

661 - 680 of 710 Posts