Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

681 - 700 of 710 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Born in raised in Cypress, Texas. Moved to Arizona in 2014.
TEXAZ is always taken so started with TXtoAZ which I use on off-road forums.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
This was my first time joining a forum and wanted something simple without giving any personal info away. 1992 Bronco and 73 the year I was born. Borning, wished I could change it. I joined before I actually owned "The Beast" And didnt know her name yet. I had to take her out a few times before she revealed her name.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Here in Phoenix Jeeps are a dime a dozen and 99% of them are poser trucks, with that being said, I love my Bronco and it's "not a jeep"!

Reactions: Quader1

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,048 Posts
I built my first Cobra back in 1998 and my ex wife wanted it , so like any other pissed off, soon-to-divorced husband would do, I sold it so she couldn't get it. I quickly invested the money into an even better "kit" with a lot of upgrades; when she wanted the money, I told her she could have the "kit" when it came in and she could build it herself.
Long story short, everyone wanted my first Cobra and when they found out I was building a second one, they lined up to buy it. It didn't take long to figure out I could make a pretty good living building these things on the side. So a child hood friend and I started Nor East Cobras Inc in 1999. Most people new me a by name (Joe) and I was spending a lot of time at Factory Five Racing who produced the body & chassis components but did not build complete cars. They had a lot of people who wanted turn key cars but didn't have the ability to build them so they would send them to me. They would remember my first name, but never my last so it didn't take long before everybody was calling me Cobra Joe.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cool story @cobrajoe

Mine is not nearly as interesting. Landon has been a nickname I use on any forums and OFC stands for One Fast Chicken. The nickname it got when I brought it home.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Joe did you sell one to a guy in Appleton Wi. I was over there getting a engine dyno at B&B race engine (Bruce has passed away now bless his heart) It had a well basically all aluminum sprint car small block ford in it. SCARY FAST…

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,048 Posts
Can say that I did, but we built a lot of cars that have changed hands over the years.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,594 Posts
Well on my kayak fishing forum it used to be jojopotato after our 160 lb Rottweiler. We had to put him down at 14. I was ocean fishing and one of the forum moderators was setting up next to me and intended to salmon fish first. I told him I was seeing them rolling just beyond the breakers the day before so drop his herring in once he clears the surf zone. Being old and slow I launched about 20 minutes after he did and when I got out to where he was he had an ear to ear smile and a fat salmon. So he yells I have the mojo that landed him that fish and the next day he changed it and gave me the matching avatar
7EA5AA0D-F26F-4BC8-BB2E-555803257565.png

So I went with it.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,549 Posts
So... It was supposed to be Be BroncMoM... But it auto corrected when I saved profile info and wouldn't let me edit it (if one of our lovely admin can change it I'd love u forever 😊 @BigBlue 94 @miesk5 )
So... The MoM stands for (aside of the obvious) Mother of Marine... The Bronc part is self explanatory 😁

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,170 Posts
I went back and looked at a few of the early pages, couldn't recall if I added back then. Anyway, at the time I joined these here shenanigans, I was into my 2nd Bronco and I had just registered an email with yahoo for the 2nd time and went with it to join up here. Still have the same mail too. Damn, started out in Florida, did a stint in NC, now in Joisey. Been awhile...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,223 Posts
Well... I'll give a refresh, for the noobs. ;)

I'm on the first page of this thread, back in '06... as 4xPepe`, which I later had changed.

Pepe` is from my last name, DePew and it was originally my father's nickname. In my youth, Dad had me sign a few flyers I drew up for his club as "Pepe` Jr.". He had gone by "Pepe`" since he captured and tamed a wild skunk as a kid back in Missouri and everyone, everywhere referred to him by that nickname. When I got a little older, Dad ended up listed with LEO's as "aka: Pepe`" so I took it on fully... just to mix things up a little.

Now... the "Biker" part is fairly obvious, being a 3rd generation Harley rider who grew up around old school clubs. Thing is, for someone to call themselves a "Biker"... it comes off like a "wanna-be" thing.
When the internet was still very young and I was taking DOS and Win 3.1 classes in comm. college, I spent a good bit of time on Dial-Up in the AOL chatroom's (some will remember those, other not as much). There was a lot of roll-play going on, so I started using a handle that helped folks get a mental image of who I was. Avatars weren't a thing yet. As the years rolled on, I moved on but I kept the handle around here and there in case I ever ran across any users from the old days when the internet felt so much smaller.

Eventually, I had it changed here... when I realized I'd be sticking around. If you'd have told me I'd still be here after 17 years, I'd have told you, you were nuts. And... here we are.

@BroncMom - I think it came out better... but that's just my opinion. 👍

681 - 700 of 710 Posts