Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking at adding an Explorer ProComp light bar to my Bronco for awhile now,
so I ordered one about a month or so ago,
I ended up with a bar that seems to be slightly shorter than what appears in pictures that other members have on their Broncos.
(from thread : http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67942)

I did a quick search and found that this problem has happened before,
I just picked up one of these from summit, looks like it was well built but I did notice the size of it.
Looking at other pics of them on here,
they are longer than the one I just got.
I figure there is a foot on each side SHORTER than the ones posted here.

Is it possible that they made a mistake sending me a smaller one?
Anyone notice a difference?

Thanks!
(from thread : http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126978&page=2)

Now I have to get some overall measurements so that ProComp with either send the correct bar or that I can return the wrong one,
being as this was a "special order" item means I have to jump through some hoops to get this resolved.:banghead

Could anyone with the same bar post up the overall length measurement,
maybe on a picture so I have some actual proof to compare against the bar I have.
I know that the bar I got is too short since it isn't any wider than the grille on the Bronco.

Thanks for any & all help :beer

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Somehow to me it looks too skinny too...but that's just me. I had a light bar fabbed and am very happy with it...and it's true ya gotta be careful cuz it's easy to...as inspector Clusaeu would say...bumph.

Here's mine...not like yours really but does the job.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Just finished making some changes to my light bar. I wanted to add more lights but it wouldn't work using 6" lights and the existing mounts. So I used the three tabs on the backside to attach square tubing so the lights could be mounted. I'm going to remove the two tabs on the front side.
Kenny

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pictures guys :beer

I had to laugh a little as I figured that because I have the "Powerstroke" or "Eddie Bauer" bumper that I may have some problems,
however you guys provided pics of your set up with the exact same bumper,
so that makes it easier for me that it should work out.

Here you go. If you need more pictures let me know.
Kenny
Thank you very much Kenny, those pics helped alot.
I have printed them off and given the copies to the parts guy I got the bar through,
this way ProComp cant argue that the bar I recieved is the correct bar since it is too short.
Picture proof!

I had a light bar fabbed

Here's mine...not like yours really but does the job.
nevadagary, I may have to get a bar fabbed and I do like how this bar looks for mounting,
would it possible to get a better picture of how it is mounted to the frame?
I am also interested in the front reciever arrangement,
is it strong enough for a winch or just for putting a trailer away?
I would really like some more pictures and info on this bar.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
I will post some pics of bumper when it was off. The hoop is welded to a plate that is welded between the bumper mounting brackets. The hitch probably isn't strong enough for recovery but it can be made very strong just by adding some gussets to the plate at the frame and receiver. I'll dig up the pics. To me that is just the most awesome looking light bar...but of course it's my Bronco and my desgin. HAHAHAHAHA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts