Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up some really good condition Eddie bauer leather seats to replace my EB seats that were getting rough, couple of seams were tearing but no rips in the leather and seams tearing is nothing my wife can't handle. Paid 50 bucks for the pair and I got them installed right away. Only problem is, they rub on the armrest on the doors. Is this a common problem and does anyone know an easy fix, I know i can drill a couple of holes in the mounts and move it over alittle but was just wondering if there is an easier fix. It isn't a huge deal but it squeaks constantly when on a rougher road then normal.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
Do you have pictures of your specific seats? I have some out of a 99ish explorer in mine and have zero issues, other then the seat track latch is a little harder to get to now.
Mine look like this

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
I think the explorer that had them did have that but I did not take the seat base, only the seat its self so my truck does not have that function

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get some pictures, hopefully tonight. I tried to get the mounts from the explorer but most of the motors were burned out, so I ended up just taking the seats and bolting them to my existing brackets. They sit so close to the door that you have to pull hard on the seatbelt to get it to slide between the door panel and the seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I picked up some really good condition Eddie bauer leather seats...
Got pics? Do they have memory? The motors will have more than 2 wires each.
I have some out of a 99ish explorer...
Do they have memory?
Yes I beleive they did have memory(at least there is more then one more then 2 wires on the plugs) maybe I should go back and get the original brakets, I was on the way to a wedding in a full suit when I drove past a scrap yard. They were unloading a EB explorer so I stopped stripped to my undershirt, removed and bought the seats, was kinda in a hurry so didn't grab everything, the truck is still there. How hard is it to add the memory, I assume it would be a lot , maybe I should go back...

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
I'll get some pictures, hopefully tonight. I tried to get the mounts from the explorer but most of the motors were burned out, so I ended up just taking the seats and bolting them to my existing brackets. They sit so close to the door that you have to pull hard on the seatbelt to get it to slide between the door panel and the seat.
Mine are on the stock bronco sliders too, I also have a set of leather ones from a 97 explorer in a 92 f150 with no issues either. There is a plenty of room.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Doesn't the Explorer memory seats work off of the touch pad keyless entry?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pictures, you can see that the seat is rubbing, especially when someone is sitting in the seat.

Just so everyone knows, I used the bronco brackets with the Explorer seats. Bolts are all in the same holes that the bronco seats where in, and the brackets on are bolted to the floor in the factory position. I have no idea why no body else has had this. I do love the seats though, more comfortable (although I miss the armrest, I am looking for a jumper seat or build a custom center console with my subs in it. )

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh. Harder than a stereo, alarm, or MAF swap; easier than an EFI or OBD-II swap. :shrug
I will probably not be doing this then. I'm not bad at wiring, but I think I'll fix all my wiring gremlins first before I add anything to complicated.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
If you have the plastic covers for the explorer seats on, its not likely but maybe the seats got switched around and the driver's side is on the passenger side, but this would also put the seat flip lever on the inside which I don't think yours are

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have the plastic covers for the explorer seats on, its not likely but maybe the seats got switched around and the driver's side is on the passenger side
No, don't think it can be that because the reclining lever and seat adjusting buttons are out the outer side of the seat, which I think is correct? :shrug that is common on all the vehicles I have owned, and I would hate to have to reach over the seat to get to the back seat.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
Yeah I think I edited mine to say that while you replied, but I agree with that. I don't have any pictures of mine in the same places, will have to see how much room mine have there... Maybe someone replaced the foam and yours are not 100% stock, though the leather looks aged like they should be, unless they didn't recover too

The jump seat is a good way to go to get the armrests back, I did that in my f150. I have never seen a leather one in the junkyards though, if that matters if they match to you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if the EB ones have more foam perhaps, based on the condition of the truck I took them out of I don't think it was recovered. Truck was in great shape with 500000km, looked like it was really taken care of. Carpets weren't even dirty. No rust either which is rare here. Got rear ended pretty bad. I've been looking for a jump seat for a while, I want one that is at least tan, but at this point I'll go for anything. There is one on eBay all the time but they want 250 USD, and the shipping to Canada is crazy. I've looked through about 50 f series trucks of the right year at the local yard and haven't even seen a worn out one yet.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
unless there is some year differences that is strange as mine are eddie bauers also and fit without issue.
I have normal (if they are different) xlt grey leather seats in the 92 work truck I have and they do not hit either. That is also the truck with the jump seat in it. I got really lucky on that one as I found a grey one in a truck were someone had already taken the seats from. I didn't even have to unbolt it from the truck as it was already just loose sitting in there.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I wonder if the EB ones have more foam perhaps, based on the condition of the truck I took them out of I don't think it was recovered. Truck was in great shape with 500000km, looked like it was really taken care of. Carpets weren't even dirty. No rust either which is rare here. Got rear ended pretty bad. I've been looking for a jump seat for a while, I want one that is at least tan, but at this point I'll go for anything. There is one on eBay all the time but they want 250 USD, and the shipping to Canada is crazy. I've looked through about 50 f series trucks of the right year at the local yard and haven't even seen a worn out one yet.
Your seats look fatter than the Explorer seats I had in mine or the ones in Crazys picture.
I have seen a few different ones used in Explorers. I scored two of the jump seats last week, but they are gone now, they were gray anyway.

·
Bronco Snob
2,306 Posts
I had the same problem, It's mainly the plastic cover that's wider. The seat on the left is out of a 1st edition 93 explorer...the right is out of a 2nd edition 97. You can see the bulge.
IMG_20150603_185700823_HDR_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

image.jpg

I was going to remedy it by off setting the seat by 1" layin 2 pieces of steel perpendicular to the mounted brackets. The circled dots are where the bolts attach to the brackets, uncircled are the holes for the seat frames. The line is cut-off. This might work for you. I went another route, just unbolted the entire frame from the 93 and put it on the 97..it's still a lil tight, but I can fit my hand down now to operate it, and no more air bladder lumbar, it's the crank style.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I will probably go that route, I was thinking of doing a similar thing. Now that you have a picture of both seats, there was another set at the scrap yard as well but the ones I got were more comfortable. I don't have any problem operating the lever or the lumbar though, and really it being tight isn't a problem, just the annoying squeaking while driving down the road.

·
Bronco Snob
2,306 Posts
Not exactly. The older seat has another rocker switch for pneumatic bolsters, and the slide out seat adjustment. The newer seat on the right has the hand crank lumbar.
image.jpg

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,074 Posts
both sets I have installed are the newer version on the right in the above picture. Though one set is still pneumatic for the back bolster. Neither have the front slide outs, I wish they did but I can never find a set of those in good shape

1 - 20 of 20 Posts