Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, since a few writeups have already been done and i didn't take too many pics i decided to post this here instead of in the fab section.

for those who don't know, which is pretty much everyone on here, i wrecked my truck just over a month ago :doh0715: . i slammed into the back of a contour, and since i swerved, pretty much the only thing that hit was my tire. Due to that fact, it bent my TTB Beam and my nice Skyjacker extended radius arm. Since I only have liability, and i already have most the stuff for my SAS purchased, the best way to get it rolling again is going to be just put it in. I wasn't ready, but this is throwin my into the lions den. Right now the main project is extending the radius arms. Just wanted to post a few pics.

They're not done, they should be getting boxed within the next day or two, I think they're gonna look pretty sweet when i'm done.

I'm using RE Superflex joints on the end, they're extended a lil long....about 13"

picture of Dusty standing next to one of them

Pretty lucky to have a TIG and a plasma cutter at my disposal

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
more pics??

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks good so far

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm real lucky to be able to use the Mini Baja shop and have access to the TIG. Also, i'm lucky to have Carl doing my welding, he's got a real talent for it. i'll have to get some close shots of where the tube is welded to the bushing, looks incredible. The plan is to box it to just over the start of the tube. so it'll be a tapered box to the round tube, hope it looks nice

what other pics you wanna see? i got some ones of just the extensions that i took with my phone

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hope you didn't f-up that re-flex joint allready. I welded mine on when I did that project the first time around without the screw in part in and warped the case so I couldn't screw the threaded part back in. Hope yours worked out better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the threads seemed a lil tight, they they did fit in. now i just need to get the tool, don't know why i didn't do it at first

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
All those fire extinguishers in one spot, what happens if the fire is there.... your gonna have like 15 fire bottles in the fire and none to fight the fire with.

OK im just kidding, couldnt help but notice them though.

Looks great, especially the welds.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
about those fire extinguishers, don't get me started on that stuff. for years we've been able to do pretty much anything we wanted as far we welding and whatnot, but now we're required to get a "hot work" permit each day, and one person has to be in the shop as a "fire watch" with a extinguisher with them, it's getting rediculious

the welds do look great, none have even been touched with a grinder, and prob won't

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i still dont' have the tool yet but after a little fiddlin last night with a bent punch (we just happened to have one) and a hammer, they all thread in all the way now by hand, that's a big sigh of relief

1 - 14 of 14 Posts